Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Easton. I’m new here. I have a year and a half old female boxer named Harley. She is the sweetest puppy. Super loving and affectionate. She’s a boxer through and through. I’ve grown up with boxers so I’m not new to the hyperness or the attitude, however the random spots of aggression towards my parents new rescue pitty ( his name is Fin) is not something I’m sure I know how to address. She’s always been rather nervous, but now she almost has too much confidence. Anytime me or my husband try to play with Fin, Harley is right there with us. Sometimes she’s fine but randomly she just nips at him, or if he comes up and sniffs at us and she happens to be close she nips at him, snarl and all. She and my parents former boxer (he passed in November) did not get along and because of that we had to keep them separate. She’s great with my other dog, (pointer mix named Rigby). My parents pup is the sweetest and has stolen all of our hearts. I would love to not have to leave Harley at home everytime we go over to their house. Any sort of help would be wonderful.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Doesn't sound like fear based aggression, that would probably show up all the time and be a lot worse. Honestly it sounds like she is almost resource guarding you and your husband, if she is only doing it when he gets close to you guys.

I'm not too familiar with female boxers but I do know the one we play with does something very similar when my guy greets her family. She will nip him and growl occasionally, nothing aggressive but just being a nudge and trying to push Zuke away. They correct her though. Seems the females can be overly protective of their family. Almost to the point of annoyance.:)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I agree with Matt sounds like she is being protective. You say your parents former Boxer did not get along with her that dog may have taught her when she was young that's how to behave so when she goes to your parents house that's what she is thinking to expect from the resident dog she feels she has to protect you. Would be interesting to see if she feels this way towards this dog away from that house? That would answer that question. Dogs don't forget! She also may not trust this dog for one reason or another so keep in mind dogs know other dogs better than you do!

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
This is "NOT," "Fear Aggression??" And just for the record, I tend to prefer the girl's, because well they tend to be A-Hole's or you know Bitches, if you will. And usually, they tend to exhibit that trait at home, mostly, either there home or someone else's apparently?? She's pushy and obnoxious and has no boundaries.

We have life long friends that have dog's like that, well way worst actually ... And when we went to visit them my dog's stayed home, where they were safe and not subject to picking up "Bad Behaviors." If you parent's?? Have stated that they "prefer," if your dog stay's home??? Your dog is "potentially," creating a serious freaking, issue for your "parent's dog and them!" And ... it would be one they can't solve??

And the Pittiy would get the short end of the stick. When and if he blows up another dog because your dog is "teaching him that some dog's are A-Hole's??? So you know ... "I better, defend myself first??" And if it comes down to that?? Any guesses as to which "Breed," Dog, will get PTS or re-homed for being a "Bad Dog??" It's not always about ... you?? Sometimes it's about doing what's best for ... a "Dog, You Know ... also??"

OK so "this," is the "Bad News." And I would suspect, that you were aware of bit's and pieces of this, or you would not seek out help?? So that along put's you a step up on alot of owner's. The truly worst of the worst tend to "say," "My Dog's Problem Is Not My Problem, It's Your Problem!"

And being overwhelmed by a dog is not a crime?? It's one does about it that is important! You just need to know what to do?? And I'd be happy to be one of those that help's out if you'd like??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts