Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!  I have some enw pics of Beckham up at the gallery, check them out! :D

He is doing so incredibly well.  He is now letting us know when he has to go to the bathroom. Great success!

However, he seems to have a fear or something of his metal bowls for food.  He refuses to eat out of them and only will eat out of our hands or off the ground.  Anyone have experience with this?  Is glass or plastic better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I wouldnt reccomned glass or plastic, but that is just my personal preference. My other boxers would drag their bowls around, so glass may end up getting broken or chipped. Plastic if not cleaner thoroughly can hold different bacterias and such which could in the end make the dog sick. Now this may not happen, but it is a possibility. I prefer the stainless steel bowls since they are more steril and are easy to clean.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
He is a handsome fella!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's possible if his collar hits the bowl the noise may bother him,,,You never know with these silly puppies....I'd stick with the metal bowl or like Tootsie said a good ceramic...Those both can be cleaned really well so you don't have to worry about germs or rashes. I prefer the metal only cos they are indestructible...well pretty close....Great pictures, I checked them out and I also love your Avatar, that is really cute

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is hilarious because Cactus was scared of his metal water bowl.  I had to stop using my kitchen pans as water bowls and bought a huge silver bowl from the good will.

I don't think he drank that first day I brought it home.  Eventually, he would stretch out his neck and use his  long tongue to reach the water without getting near the bowl. Picture front legs splayed like a giraffe, ears pricked, ready to run if the dog0eating-water-bowl or anything else in the room decided to move!!

To this day he drinks from the edge of the bowl and not right in the middle........ he has adapted though!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had to switch to a very high sided water bowl because Voltaire seemed to hang his jowls over the side and drool a puddle whenever he drank. :roll:  He's a sweetheart but a real pig when it comes to eating and drinking! We're always walking in water or crunching on spat out food! He'll be eating, get distracted by something more interesting and leave, dropping little balls of dried food all the way! And once they're not in the bowl, he won't eat them anymore!
P.S. My metal food bowl was sold with a removable rubber ring around the base to stop noise and sliding- samsonsmom has a good point. Or maybe he gets jumped by his reflection!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for the info!! becks is so silly.  if we don't pay any attention to him, THEN he will eat.  puppies are so weird!   :wink:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="caillou\";p=\"5283":9z98okcg]I had to switch to a very high sided water bowl because Voltaire seemed to hang his jowls over the side and drool a puddle whenever he drank. :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes i also had that with elwood but figured out that sometimes his tags would hit the bowl. We got him a ceramic one but once he was bigger didnt have that problem and bought a new set of metal ones and he has no problem with them.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Anne..I can just picture Cactus doing the giraffe thing to be on guard in case that terrible boxer eating bowl might get him....Way too funny.....

Angel is a slob when she drinks, she leaves a trail of water which of course both walk thru and then leave dirty pawprints all over the floor...Oh well, life with boxers, you got to love it.... :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts