Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard so many different views on raw feeding...HOW...WHAT...HOW MUCH...That I was wondering how you guys on this forum do it,what is your preferred way?(half and half ,raw w/ veggies,no veggies,more meat ,more bone,...)
Your input would help me a lot!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little-boxer thanks for the info,I was wondering does she eat the whole pigs feet?I thought there were big bones inside?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the pigs feet are actually pretty soft, she chews right through those.  They're cut into fours, they're pretty small...I think it's mostly marrow (although I could be wrong!).  The marrow bones are obviously too big for her to eat, she just chews on them and tries to get their tasty innards out (another good babysitter food)!  Same with the pigs hocks, there is a big bone in the middle of that that she doesn't usually get all the way down.  I just take it away when she's "done", and throw it out or flies land on them and that could be a whole heap of problems.  Most bones she can chew down though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I simply take whole small animals (chickens, ducks, rabbits, etc), cut them up and toss them in their bowls with a bit of fruit and veg slop. Once in a while, I substitute a larger animal part (like ox tail, turkey necks, or lamb ribs, or ground beef) for a similar small animal part. In other words, if I'm due to feed a high bone small animal meal like chicken backs, I'll sub in a high bone content part from a larger animal, like lamb ribs.

For the most part, I stick to chickens - the others are just a once in a while thing. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BurningRiver\";p=\"128408 said:
I simply take whole small animals (chickens, ducks, rabbits, etc), cut them up and toss them in their bowls with a bit of fruit and veg slop.
So that means that you feed veggies with every meal, not the one meal RMB and one meal veggie muscles meat deal? Right?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I tried giving Max some ground meat but it he took it into his mouth them spit it out. My hubby gave him a raw egg this morning and he wouldn't eat that either. Hubby ended up scrambling it for him and then he ate it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts