Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times per day are you feeding your Boxers? I'm still doing twice per day with my dog, however, sometimes she doesn't seem that hungry. I have read that many people switch to once per day when their dogs become adults.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I have always fed 2x a day. It is overall better for them, and prevents acid buildup in their stomach. Its also just a good routine for a dog. My puppies always ate 3x a day until they began skipping a meal, then I reduced it to 2x around 16 weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
From what I have read about feeding dogs, it really doesn't matter. Obviously there are certain things to not do, like take your dog out for exercise right after a meal (bloat).

I still do 3 times a day cause it works for our schedule.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
The possibility of Bloat, would be the main reason for not feeding any broad chested dog, one meal a day. I tend to go with well a "Corn Dog," for Bella, in the morning ...but it seem's she is bored with them now?? But that aside a small handful of dog and cat kibble for breakfast and her main meal in the evening.

If she want's to eat breakfast, she will, if she does not eat it?? Whatever and I add other stuff (sardines) and canned food to her evening meals. That seem's to work fine.

And if it is not enough ... in true "Struddell," fashion she grabs the empty bowl and starts banging it around for more! Then I just add a small handful of kibble and that seem's to suffice.

But one big meal a day?? Is just asking for trouble and it will be Bloat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many times per day are you feeding your Boxers? I'm still doing twice per day with my dog, however, sometimes she doesn't seem that hungry. I have read that many people switch to once per day when their dogs become adults.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
It is better to feed him 2 times a day. Because one big meal can lead your dog to bloat. If your dog doesn't want to eat then try different things. It can work for you. And don't take your dog to exercise right after he is done with eating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts