Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a new chain link fence for my yard. How tall do you recommend with a boxer ? 5 ft or 6 ft. I just tore down my 6ft that only covered 1/2 the back yard an could never imagine my previous dog jumping it. Not climbing it but jumping it. Do you think it would be a gamble to put up a 5 footer with a boxer  :roll: or should I stick with the 6 footer only?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Our fence is 5 feet, but Henry is little.
We were concerned with Rocky because he could stand up and put his front paws on the top of the fence.  And he was quite the jumper too, he just couldn't figure how to jump out as opposed to up! :lol:
So I guess it depends on how well your dog jumps?
Good luck! :D
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It really depends on your boxer, if you have a jumper, I would go with 6 ft..My fence in Cali was 6 ft(wood fence)and was fine, had an issue with Tia getting over the gate, but once we fixed that, no problem...We are looking into fencing as well right now and have decided that the old man(samson) can't jump and as Angel is not a jumper, 5 ft will work for us..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree, it all depends on the dog. If you have the option I would put a 6 ft. up. My previous boxer couldn't really jump at all. Now Maddie on the other hand scales a 4 ft. fence from a standstill at my friends house, I swear she is part kangaroo! It's kind of funny but scary at the same time. Whenever we go over there she will get out of the truck, run to the fence, stop, and then just hop over the fence. I really have to get this on video one day. It amazes me everytime. I don't think a 6 ft. privacy fence could keep her contained!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts