Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, apologies if this topic has been discussed before, but I couldn't spot it.

We're going to be moving house soon and I'd just like to ask, what's the minimum safe height for a garden fence to be so that a Boxer can't jump it?  I reckon about 2 metres would be sufficient, but does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Well, I can honestly say Miss Maddie will scale a 4 foot fence without a problem!  8O  If money were not an issue, I would personally get a 6 foot privacy fence, but I live in a deed resticted neighborhood, so I can't even put up a fence!  :wink: It really depends on the dog, but I would say the best bet is a six foot fence, if you can do that.

BTW welcome to the forums, your baby looks adorable in your avatar.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, 2 metres would be about 6 foot.  I've even heard 3 metres (9') mentioned before, but you would actually need planning permission for a fence that height here in Dublin.

·
Registered
491 Posts
We have a 6 foot chain link fence and it works fine.  Gunnar chases the squirrels on the high line above, and that silly dog jumps almost to the top of the fence!  But he hasn't figured out what he's doing, he just wants the darn squirrel!  It's so funny to watch though.  My aunt lives next door to us, they have 2 female boxers and a 4 foot chain link fence.  One of their dogs, Star, jumps that fence no problem.  They have to watch her like a hawk all the time.  I would definitely recommend getting at least a 6 foot.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think it really depends on the boxer...Samson isn't a jumper, where I used to live I had a 3 ft chain link fence and he never tried to go over it....Now my Tia could scale a 6 ft fence until we fixed it  :) ..Angel isn't a jumper so we will be putting up a 5 ft chain link fence real soon...

Honeyec, didn't realize you lived in Dublin, one of my favorite places to visit when I lived there.. Cheers..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts