Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
There's definitely a risk-reward that comes with dog parks.  I go to a HUGE dog park, I believe it's 378 acre's.  There can be 40 dogs there and you can walk for 10-20 minutes without seeing another one.  I go somewhat often, I went twice this weekend but it had been a couple weeks since I was last there.  Almost every time I go, I see signs (i.e. dog behavior) that make me nervous.  Typically I just stop it before it starts with a loud "hey" or a hand clap and continue walking away.  I believe some dogs just don't get along with every size, shape, age, personality, etc.. of other dogs.  I haven't had any serious incidents with my dog but twice during "boxer bash's" I've pulled dogs apart which is not something I'd recommend to anyone else nor is it something I am all that comfortable doing (I don't want to get bit!).  I do find the dog park highly rewarding for Lola though.  The socialization is great as is all the running and interacting with nature she gets to do as we go through fields, trails, streams, woods, etc...  She typically meets about 10-15 dogs during a 1 to 1.5 hour walk.  I like that this dog park doesn't have a lot of dogs in a small space.  The more dogs there are in a small area the more careful you need to be, and the closer you need to watch them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.