Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my girl from the breeder. Everything she said was on point, girl is very well behaved. Pretty much potty trained (one accident which was my fault). She loves the crate, I leave it open all night. She'll let me know when she's ready to go, I'll let her outside, then she comes right back to the crate. Sometimes she'll go and play with her toys in the middle of the night. Im so happy and wish I would've gotten a puppy sooner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Potty trained already??? How old is she?? And she is very cute, congratulations and Welcome aboard! :)
8 weeks. Granted she cant hold it in too long. One accident she has is because I was looking for the leash to take her out and she thought I was taking her out back so she was walking towards the door, I said "no", I must have confused her because she just peed right by the door. But at night she will come out of the cage next to the bed and whine to wake me up. During the day she will go and sit by the back door and I know she needs to go out. She wakes me up every 2-2.5 hours, closer to 3 closer to the morning.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations she is beautiful! We got our baby in September, and now she is huge so enjoy this little one while you can! Take lots of pictures it's amazing how fast they grow!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife and I were already talking about maybe getting a brindle female as well. But I don't believe the breeder has any brindle. Maybe next year I'll look around for one. Idk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wife and I were already talking about maybe getting a brindle female as well. But I don't believe the breeder has any brindle. Maybe next year I'll look around for one. Idk
LOL sounds like you caught boxer fever. Personally I would not get a 2nd until the 1st is fully trained. Sounds like you found a good breeder though.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Aww!! She's so cute, nothing quite like a boxer puppy!! You might want to consider a baby brother for Shelby instead of a sister. It's very hard for two boxer girls to co-exist peacefully.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn't know that, Joannb. Will consider a boy if I go for a second then. Yes, no new one will come until this one is trained.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Question. Where should I draw the line with play? She acts like she's going to bite when I play on the ground with her but she doesn't close down. I make sure to say "no biting". Any advise on that would helpful.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Question. Where should I draw the line with play? She acts like she's going to bite when I play on the ground with her but she doesn't close down. I make sure to say "no biting". Any advise on that would helpful.
Keep up the no bite because it'll get worse until she's finished teething, she'll eventually understand no bite (be it your hand or your ankles or feet when walking)! Those little teeth hurt :).

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Always play with a toy in hand, not using your hands as toys and just keep using the "no bite" in case she misses the toy and gets hand.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
We never allowed our guy to bite on us, hands or anywhere that was a big no or no bite. Even now when he plays his mouth never goes around any part of you, he will nose you even with mouth open but he doesn't put you into his mouth. LOL. Good thing now that he is a big boy.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Shelby is adorable and looks so sweet!

As for the biting, the others already gave good advice. Just be consistent about it and she will learn. It will get worse from about 4-7 months of age as she is teething, but it will get better after that.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts