Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
When she gets caught in the sofa she obviously not supposed to be in, she freezes as if that makes her invisible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Figured it had been a while, Shelby is now coming up on 1year and 5 months old. She's great, couldnt have asked for a nicer pup.

Sometimes at night she takes Olaf for a small walk before cudding in bed for the night..

We went on a small 4 day vacation with a large group of the family, drove about 4.5 hours each way, she kept me company from the back seat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone have any luck teaching boxers to bark on demand?

I was able to successful teach my last boxer to bark on command using speak and hush. When he barked I gave him a treat used a hand signal and voice command when he quit I gave a treat and said hush with a hand signal and voice command. He only barked on command but did alert me. He was a good watch dog.

Emmett does not bark. I can't make him so I cannot teach him to speak on command

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
LOL ...uh NO! The best I could get was a loud huff. It was ...speak, from Struddell I'd get ..."huff" Speak ..."huff" Speak huff! Me ... forget it here's your treat.

I could stop her from chasing jack rabbits off leash in the desert towards the HWY ...but speak on command?? Nope not gonna happen. She was all like.:

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Wait till she gets older and starts destroying your furniture and chewing up dog beds.
No ... that is demonstrably untrue. :)

If you have issues ... then something went wrong somewhere with "Rules/Structure and Limitations." Strictly, speaking you don't "need" to Crate a Dog/Puppy in order to have a well behaved dog. A crate merely helps to lay down a foundation of acceptable indoor behaviour.

I have raised 5 well behaved puppies over the years and did not use a Crate and had zero issues with poor indoor behaviour. Puppy number 5 my GSD ... well I should have used a Crate with him ... but that had nothing to do with destruction of property, that was more along the lines of a lack of ... enough "Rules/Structure and Limitations" serious behavioral issues with that guy. But hey he was 7 months and not eight weeks when I got him. I'd have not have thought ... that ( a few months) would much that make difference?? But apparently ... I was wrong?? Oh well worked out fine in the long run.

In anycase ... if you are having "issues" start a thread and we'll see if we can help ... that's what we are here for. :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
LOL ... not me! That was a miserable fail with Struddell! She absolutely refused! The best I could get was a muted "huff" and her flews would blow ... that was about it.

Struddell drew a line in the sand with the speak thing??? Not a battle worth having, sooo ... "huff" it was with her. :)

Oh I already replied and I can't delete this post??? Oh well ... it was bound to happen at some point.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts