Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night I got internet hooked up at home I just need to get my laptop fixed and then I will be on here all the time.  I am so excited.  

Also we got Cox cable hooked up but they said that they had to come back and install cables in my bedroom and spare bedroom...so I rearanged my bedroom so that it would be easier to hook up the tv.  Adam said that the tv is too small and too far away from the bed now, so I said with my tax money I was going to buy a new tv for the bedroom.....He said I thought you would want to use your tax money for a new boxer!!!!!  I am so excited, it took me forever but I finally convinced him to let me get another boxer!!!!!  I can't wait.  So I am going to start looking.  I can barely stand it.  I came to work today only so I could start looking.  

I am going to check out the rescue website.  I have a question though, they said they only like putting boxers in with the opposite sex.  Well we have a male boxer but a female lab mix.  We want to get another male boxer because I don't think our lab mix would like another female around the house.  Is this normal with all rescues? Do you think I will have a problem getting a male?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
All dogs are different and the rescue should place the appropriate dog regardless of sex that fits your current situation.  If you female does not get along with other females then they will know that and do what they feel is right.

Congrats on Rescue and good luck.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so excited....I can't wait.  As long as everything goes ok and I get enough from my taxes then we are going to get one.  I want to have enough to cover the dog and vet bills and stock up on food which should happen.  :)

G

·
0 Posts
WEll thankfully, with a rescue, they will be fixed and UTD on shots, etc...so that will take a lot of the vet cost down...Congrats on getting the chance of a second one...they are great in pairs!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am really excited....but the rescues website is down so i'm disappointed.  A rescue is the way I want to go but I am keeping my options open because I would like a younger dog and more importantly one that will fit well with Duke and Tabs.  Three dogs seems like a lot but I would love it. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I don't know how boxer rescues work. Dozer was a rescue, but under different circumstances. We got Harley when he was 7 weeks old, then 2 months later we got Dozer. He is 3 1/2 yrs. old. We haven't had any problems having 2 males at the same time. Other than Harley being a puppy and constantly wanting to play and aggrevate!!! Except when he is sick from eating socks!!!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I'm excited. Although I did talk to Adam again this morning and he said he may be having second thoughts....I told thats unfair i'm already excited.  But if he isn't sure I don't want to push it too much I want us both to be ready for another one.  So we will see.  I am going to print off some pictures and take them home and then see what he says :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
At the rescue where I got Kiah they "usually" will not put two females together but don't say that about males.  Kiah's fosters have two male boxers, both from rescue.  Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam heard that females don't get along with other dogs as well as males do....is this true?  He went to someones house that had three boxers and one was a female and the owner said that she isn't as nice as the males and that females are like that.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
congrats on the 'maybe' new addition hehe

i had 2 male dogs for almost 10 yrs together no issues...ate side by side everything..now mine are male & female..no issues..i know friends that have 2 females and its always something...but i think it totally depends on the dog..

:wink: females maybe dont like another female in 'their' house hahaha i know i wouldnt lol..although Isis gets along with any dog..male or female even IN our house...

but im happy for you thats awesome !! hope it works out..:D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I hope it does to.  I just don't think Tabs (our lab mix) will like another female in the house....She's my dog and sometimes I don't think she likes me in the house :) She's Adam's baby.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
everydog is different, and luckily the rescue will be able to work with you on fetting the right dog for your home. I have two females and they get along wonderfully together, though as Ky said her friends two females...well not soo much :D Best of luck in getting the new addition, hope it all works out for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts