Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have been sleeping for 2 hours everyday because of Cato's cough. We have been to 2 vets and 1 emergency vet ever since we left the puppy shop. Cato has been on antibiotics for 3 days now and his cough doesn't seem to get better. I am so worried about him, and the vet told me to keep on giving it to him and also start aerosol therapy. His ring worm doesn't seem to get better either. I put on the anti fungal cream everyday 2x a day, but it is not getting smaller. I told the vet and he told me to keep on monitoring it. I think next time when we go to the vet I am going to let them scrape him to make sure that it is not mange. I know I am being impatient and psychotic, but every mommy knows that when your dog is suffering, you tend to lose it sometimes. When I was at the vet yesterday, I almost started tearing, but I held it back. I feel so bad for Cato. The puppy shop treated him so bad. So I took everyone's advise and gave the pet shop owner a piece of my mind. I told him everything I felt, and all he could tell me is that he doesn't understand why I took Cato to the emergency vet because of Bronchitis. He is definitly a jerk and I am never going to get a puppy from a puppy store again. people tell me to return him, but I refuse to do it. I am going to stick with him because he is such a great puppy.  :cry:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't blame you I would be worried to and there would be no way I could take him back either.  Hopefully, he'll start improving for you shortly.
He's a little cutie.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I know how you feel- I purchased Skylar from a store also and took her the vet for a check up that following week. The vet said she had a heart murmur and we could return her if we wanted. Well, there was no way I was taking her back to them! She grew out of it and lived 10.5 happy years, so just hang in there. Both of my rescues had quite a bit of health issues also and you do what you need to do to get them well. When my pups had kennel cough, we were able to give them Robitussin and it really helped them (& us) sleep through the night. You might ask your vet if this is an option.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
YES!^^^^  Robitussin DM, the kind with no alcohol and no sugar!
We got Henry from a shelter and he got really sick!  Poo!  I don't remember how much we gave him!
He was really little.  14 weeks old and only like 20 pounds!
But the Robitussin does work! :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He is adorable, he has the sweetest little face.  Sorry to hear he is having so many problems;  I would try to do something to build up his immune system so he can fight this stuff.  Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh!  And give him a little PLAIN yogurt.  It will put good bacteria back into his system.
He really is the cutest! :wink:  :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fredo came from a pet store too and he was sick when we first brought him home.  He did recover 100% so just hang in there.  I don't think i'll ever do the pet store thing again though after 2 bad experiences.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
AWW Cato is a real cutie, thank goodness you got him out of there. It'll be tough for awhile but hopefully the antibiotic will kick in soon. Really sorry the pet store wasn't more helpful but I guess if they're heartless enough to see these little guys everyday, they're not going to care after they get your money. Let us know how it's going, hopefully you'll both get some rest soon :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He is a cutie...Glad you told of the pet shop owner and of course you wouldn't give him back!! Is the guy nutz or what? Try the Robitussin, it really should help and some yogurt, especially if you can get one with probiotics would really help his immune system....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys, thank you so much for all the support! I got him yogurt and robitussin. I gave him 1/2 a teaspoon I think that should be good. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts