Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was my birthday and Maverick gave me the best gift I could get from him....He went potty outside! number 1 and 2. We were so thrilled we were giving him so much attention and positive reinforcement. It seems he wont go if were looking at him. Anyway he did have another accident last nite but we just cleaned it up and told him NO when we caught him. i think slowly but surely he is getting it.

The other good news is that we began crating him 2 days ago. he cried for approx 3 mins, sat down and has been no problem since. We left him for a bit on my bday to go out and he was crated. We came home and he was chilling not even making a fuss to get out of teh crate. he waited until i had settled everything down, bags etc, and then we opened the door and he walked out, not a peep. He is very laid back which im sure is a blessing?! Just wanted to share our good news with you since youve all given us so much good advice! :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Happy Birthday!!!

Way to go Mav!!!  Little trainin Nazi moment here...don't reprimand him for an accident.  No verbal or physical corrections.  Ifyou catch him in the act, just pick him up (if can) and take him out to the designated spot.  Elsewise, just clean it up and continue through your day.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i read in a boxer book to "startle" them with the word NO in a boxer book but only if i caught him in the act. If that isnt correct ill change the method we use and just ignore it and clean it up. he is getting better and having less accidents every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts