Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
My family and I are seeking a reputable breeder. We're looking for a puppy. However, we have a loads of patience when seeking out the new addition to our family.

I am finding in my local state that breeders won't be breeding again for another 9-12 months. Or don't do genetic testing. So, I am willing to look in other surrounding states. If anyone knows of any reputable breeders that you have used that is within 500 miles of Colorado Springs that would be awesome. Please let me know.

Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Most reputable breeders have long waiting lists. Many people wait up to two years to get a puppy.

If you are focused on finding a reputable breeder that health tests then I would get your name on one of those lists and wait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on all their list :) But, thanks for the suggestions. I am now looking outside my state, any suggestions?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Have you contacted the boxer club of your state?
Sometimes they can help finding the right breeder.

I am from NH so I searched at this web site http://www.middlesexboxerclub.org/

This is an interesting web site talking about testing taht is being done today for all our dogs.
Dog Diseases | Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

This NY webstie Boxer Club is very informative too..
NEW YORK BOXER CLUB, INC. -- Information
I think there may be a link to dog shows which is a great way to find the right dog with the right genetic makeup.

My husband and I could not wait for a puppy so we rescued. We are in the early stages of rescue but I would do this all over again. I miss the puppyhood but I love the breed. Good luck on your search for the right boxer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you contacted the boxer club of your state?
Sometimes they can help finding the right breeder.

I am from NH so I searched at this web site http://www.middlesexboxerclub.org/

This is an interesting web site talking about testing taht is being done today for all our dogs.
Dog Diseases | Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

This NY webstie Boxer Club is very informative too..
NEW YORK BOXER CLUB, INC. -- Information
I think there may be a link to dog shows which is a great way to find the right dog with the right genetic makeup.

My husband and I could not wait for a puppy so we rescued. We are in the early stages of rescue but I would do this all over again. I miss the puppyhood but I love the breed. Good luck on your search for the right boxer.
Thank you very much. :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I guess , like me. We are looking for breeders that Forum Members had deal before. I was looking for a puppy in my area, but I find the Breeder. That I like in Ontario CA , do there is from where my puppy is going to come from. I had rescued two Boxers and got one from a pet shop years ago(shame on me) anyway, my Pet Shop dog Cassie is the best dog I ever had. She was my best friend. A lot of health issues, but the best heart. Now, I want a puppy that come from a reputable breeder.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts