Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the site. I'm doing some research for my dad, his 11-year-old boxer Owen recently passed away and he wants to get another puppy, but he really wants it to be from Owen's bloodline. This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if any of you had any advice as to how I could go about finding this.

Here's the info I have:
Breeders' names and former location (this info is at least 11 years old)
CKC (Continental Kennel Club) certification
The names of all of the dogs in his immediate family

I've heard some questionable things about the Continental Kennel Club, so like I said this is just a shot in the dark. But if any of you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome. Sorry to hear about Owen. I would help if I could, but while our boys are certified, we didn't register them and don't really know a lot about tracking the lineage...I'm sure you'll get some input soon from those who are better educated on this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You could possibly contact the CKC and ask for assistance. Could possibly google some of the dogs in the bloodline and see if they pop up. Do you have a pic of the pedigree I could try and help

·
Registered
350 Posts
The pedigree will definitely help. When Jax was a puppy we were trying to find all we could.about him because of some health problems he had from not being taken care of from a backyard breeder. I took Jax's AKC papers and looked for his parents, grandparents, and I went back as far as i could with the information I had on his bloodline. I didn't try to go beyond what was on his AKC papers because I found out the information I was looking for so I stopped looking. I am actually going fo look back at my posts on here from where I was doing it because we are wanting to find out If Loki is actually.in Togo's bloodline like we were told. I have to go back to.1925 to start tracking. If I don't have any luck I will contact AKC.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Loki's papers came in the mail yesterday. I started with his Dad last night and was able to track Loki's bloodline back. He is in the Seppala bloodline, and there is 24 litters between Togo and Loki. It was easier this time than what I remember it being when I was tracking Jax back. The easiest way is to start with one of his parents and when you do that it will show you who is parents are Keep doing that until you find what you are looking for. I hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts