Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 5 month old euro boxer pup who has LOTS of energy. i would love to compete him in some way. Any recommendations on a good one for him? I had considered agility but i w3anted to know what else there was.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
I would start him off in a basic puppy class and go from there. Any type of training/competing, needs a solid obedience background. What ever you choose make sure you and him have fun :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Agility is great, but he cannot be competing or running hard or jumping hard until he's at least 18-24 mo when his bones and joints get done growing. I am the same way- I have an American/ Euro cross and he is an energy spazz ALL the time. I'd love to take him biking or rollerblading but I just can't yet- because he isn't done growing and it will hurt their growth plates. Also, a rule of thumb on walking - 5 mins for how ever months they are, so he could safely walk for 25 mins at a time without damaging his joints.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Mgibs and Kari! He is currently in Obedience 1 and he will move on to the next level next month. Any good energy burners for his age?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hello, I have a 5 month old euro boxer pup who has LOTS of energy. i would love to compete him in some way. Any recommendations on a good one for him? I had considered agility but i w3anted to know what else there was.
Yes a little too young for hardcore running but when he is old enough....try Lure Coursing Events sponsored by AKC.

Also, a good old Chuck It works wonders!!!!!!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts