Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this story only because the ending was kind of funny and boxer owners will totally "get it".....

Yesterday at work I had a Boston puppy come in that was in really bad shape.  She was 6 weeks old and the owner's had vaccinated at home. Since treating "at home", the puppy had not been checked for worms.  The owner had given an OTC wormer, but it just was not strong enough to kill the number of hookworms that puppy had. It could not even stand and was so anemic from the hookworms.

Anyway......the puppy was treated with various methods....THEN.....I thought to try and help it with a blood transfusion.  Fiona was at work with me as usual and I used her as a donor.  She donated 4 cc of her blood for this little puppy.  She could care less, the hardest thing was getting her to sit still long enough.

After all was said and done, when the owner was leaving I told her,  " Since your puppy got my dogs blood dont be suprised if when she feels better that she starts wiggling around with her head being even with her butt.......  I got a very strange look from the lady.....

I know you guys get that......... :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ha Ha ! Yes I can see the little Boston beaning! That was so cool of Fiona donating for this pup. (Like she had a choice! lol) WooHoo Fiona....extra treats for you today!!  :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ahhh Fiona to save the day :)
And LOL! "her head even with her butt"...yup, know exactly what you are talking about! I don't know how they arch like that! Too funny.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea for Fiona!! Willing or otherwise, she did a good thing...I am laughing at the image of this little pup suddenly doing the "kidney bean"..Oh would that be a sight... :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
TamiNChance\";p=\"23607 said:
:rofl: wow then that is a boxer thing!!!! The first time Chance did that i thought i got a retarded puppy lmao
:lol: Kiah's fosters told me about it or I would have wondered also.  I think I would cry if I came home and Kiah didn't bean because she was glad to see me.  I just love it and it makes me so happy too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good job on helping out the other dog.

--

I guess I'm too new to know what this kidney bean thing is...only had Ares for about 24 hours now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What a good girl Fiona!!   I'm still laughing at just the thought of the look you got from that lady.. When I first got Chloe and my friend came over and seen her do a kidney bean all she could say was What in the heck is she doing!??!!?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Someone has to fill me in or take a picture.  You're not talking about the position they get into when they go to the bathroom are you?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
She is talking about the great Boxer trait of kidney beaning. They usually do it when you first come home from somewhere. They get really excited and twist their bodies resembling a kidney bean shape.  :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
YAY FIONA!! and Sharon of course!! I'm laughing at the thought of that lady's facial reaction. LOL I love it when Odin does that!! He looks SOOO SILLY! How can it not brighten up your day!!

Description is under "Profession"

http://www.boxer-dog.org/item/9

Tried to find a youtube video but no luck.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You guys are heroes!!!  YAY!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I dont know if I could take a pic of Fiona (Beaning).....It happens all to fast....I would have to walk through the door with a camera in hand and maybe I could get one.....

I know it is a highlite when I see her do it....I always laugh and tell her she is a silly girl and I hope she does not stick like that.  She has a major bean....Her head and her tail almost meet...a perfect "C"......

Ill try for a pic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts