Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. This is my first boxer pup, but I have had many different breeds throughout my life. I'm curious, she is 9wks old and weighs 8lbs seems kind of small. What our your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good morning! She may be on the smaller end however, when we brought Demitri home at 9 weeks he was 12lbs. She will put on weight and grow quickly. Good luck with your new love! Enjoy every minute even during those stubborn boxer moments!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hello. This is my first boxer pup, but I have had many different breeds throughout my life. I'm curious, she is 9wks old and weighs 8lbs seems kind of small. What our your thoughts?
yes she seems on little on the small end but not unusual. You can never be really to sure at this age the net c couple of weeks you will see her put on m ore weight as she ins't in competition with her siblings for food anymore. Is she a sealed brindle? She is very cute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I was told she is reverse brindle. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats on your cute boxer puppy! She looks like a reverse brindle in the first photo, it shows some of the lighter brown stripes.
They do grow faster than you think they will.

There's a thread on here about puppies and weight with several posts, this may help with your concern on her weight. I think the link will come through from copying and pasting it here.

http://www.boxerforums.com/puppies-eggheads-fur-babies/48448-how-old-your-puppy-how-much-does-your-puppy-weigh.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts