Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe is almost done with her bottle of derm caps and I wanted to switch her over to fish oil. I was looking at all the different kinds today at GNC and I am completely confused. Anyone know what is the best one to get?  I seen some that had just fish oil with omega 3 in it,  then some with fish oil, omega 3, 6 and then other ones with omega 3, 6 and 9.. The ones I almost bought were 1200 mgs of fish oil with omega 3, 6 and 9 in them but I figured I better wait and ask on here first.  The lady at GNC was really no help after I told her I was buying them for my dog..lol

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry Shari, I don't know the answer to this question either.  All I can tell you is that my hubby's cardiologist has me give him 3 1000 mg capsules of Omega-3 Natural Fish Oil concentrate per day for his heart.  I don't know how that would compute for a fur baby.  I'd think Sharon would know.  I gave Kane a capsule and he threw it up about 10 minutes later...so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The Omega 3's are better, IMO, however, I wouldn't buy anything for them at GNC.  If you have a "natural store" such as one called Down to Earth or something of that nature I think it would be best.  They carry more "pure" products.  Meaning that what you buy is less likely to have extra additives that are unsuitable to your dog.

Anyways...Let me know if I can help you more in this area.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I was just looking at the Salmon Oil from Timberwolf Organics...How coincidental is that?
I think I am going to try it with Maddie. Anyway here is the link if you are interested. Looks like good stuff and is reasonably priced.  :D

http://timberwolforganics.com/home/Wild ... -8oz-250ml

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...GNC is the closest vitamin store I have near me..the next closest one is nearly 2 hrs away..I guess that's the price you pay for living in the boonies lol ... Lisa..I can't thank you enough, I not only didn't realize that Timberwolf sold the oils but they also offer free shipping! I have been driving almost an hr each way just to buy Chloe's food. I ordered the 16 oz  salmon oil so I'll let you know how it goes..But if the oils are as good as their food I'll be really impressed.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow...I didn't realize they had free shipping. That's like a really big bonus!  :D Right now Maddie is eating Canidae but I was thinking of rotating with the Timberwolf. What formula is Chloe eating? Maybe I'll request some samples of some different formulas to try.  :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh....please let me know how you like the oil. I've got almost a full 40 pound bag of Canidae so I won't be ordering right away, but keep me posted how Chloe does with the oil!  :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's oil Alexa which is a big bonus.. I have used capsules in the past and what a pain in the butt that was..I don't know how many times I pricked my finger with the knife trying to break it open or ended up squirting myself in the face with it.  :lol:  Chloe is eating the dense lamb, barley and apples Lisa and I have never seen better results with her allergies and I have tried TONS of different brands with her.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
[quote="Sadiesmomma\";p=\"31725":3no0xl5n]Shari is it oil or capsules? I'd be interested in trying them for Sadie, let me know how they work for Chloe!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hey I just wanted to add at PetsMart they have Omega3 treats!!!!! I bought some for Roxy and she absolutely loves them!!!  

Also at our local Pet Food store they now have salmon skin "bones" for lack of a better word!!! Its pure salmon skin rolled up. And they have ones that look like the raw hide bones too!! They looked a little small for a boxer though!!

Shari PM me with you address and I will send some Choles way!!!  :wink:  Ill be glad to send my niece a few lol  :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts