Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm not sure about the pet type. But fish oil capsules don't do a whole lot for a human. If you were to ever purchase them I would get them from a health food store. But your best bet is straight from the food source. My doc told me there isn't much of a point taking the capsules from a regular pharmacy or Walmart. They're too synthetic I guess. Well that's what I understood from it. You could ask your vet what they recommend :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
I buy my fish oil from amazon.
I get either the 32 once or the 64 ounce of salmon or polluck oil in a pump bottle- both made by Grizzly (for pets) - depending on what's on sale
You need to refrigerate it though.
:)

·
Registered
665 Posts
The one in te oil sounds more legitimate. What do you use it for? And how to you give it to them?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Oh wow I can't type.

I meant to say the one in the pump sounds more legitimate haha

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I buy my fish oil from amazon.
I get either the 32 once or the 64 ounce of salmon or polluck oil in a pump bottle- both made by Grizzly (for pets) - depending on what's on sale
You need to refrigerate it though.
:)
I buy this one too up here in Canada from a local feed store. I squirt it on her food. It's highest mostly in omega 3, and coconut oil is good for omega 6. My vet said to buy the human kind as its better for them but she seems to do excellent on the grizzly brand. I also feed flax seeds once a day as this is also really good for their skin and coat. If you do that you gotta ground them right before you feed in a coffee grinder specifically for this, as pre ground don't have as much nutrients.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Fish oil depletes the body of vit e. if you give fish oil or salmon oil in caplet or liquid form, make sure u supplement w vit e. when I gave vit e, I gave 400iu once a day capsules on his food.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts