Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone! thanks for all the advice i cant figure out how to reply to everyone but i can assure you our dog is very well cared for and loved, its not our first time with a boxer and we talked about getting one beforehand. we both agreed on getting him a trainer! and i believe it was due to him being over stimulated which many of you have mentioned. i have and do bring him around my house multiple times without him staying, so he knows the house and knows everyone here its just he is a puppy and shes a baby so its hard to function when hes not around her 24/7. we will be getting him a trainer and with further research in this forum i have discovered so many great tips and things of boxers i had no idea of, and some that i already knew about but gone more into detail. thank you for the three people that commented we don’t plan on rehoming if his training goes well and we have high hopes that it will since hes a good boy.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is a classic example of why ... you don't "Gift Puppies/Dog's," unless you understand exactly what the rules are? I don't think that your BF thought, that when he "Gifted," you a "Boxer Puppy," the pup would become his responsibility?

It sounds like you have a "Toddler," and he does not? So sometimes, the pup lives w/o a toddler and knows the rules and sometimes he does not? There is no way in HE$$, that can be good?

You say you have a GSD, that Luvs your Toddler!" Well I am impressed! Cuz I had one also and he ... "Disliked People," to be kind. But he actively, "Detested Toddlers!" And that was actually "Proofed," by me ... under carefully controlled conditions! And after that ... if on a walk we saw a "Toddler Wobble," there way towards us ... we would get the He$$ out of Dodge! But hey he was a good dog, and knew a threat from a non threat, so on very rear occasions, when/if he was approached by a "Toddler?" And I was out of sight? He would "Break Command," (Place) and "Walk Away!" :)

He freaking "Hated Toddles," and right now ... that is the situation, you are creating, except without the "Discipline!" Your "Pup," has not grown up with "Toddlers?" He does not know what they are? All he knows is that "if I bite the crap out of them? Tthey will get out of my face!"

A "Puppy," is not a "Dog!" A "Dog," knows the Rulzs, a "Puppy, (needs) to Learn Them?" If you want to keep him? Then the best bet ... is the guy, that trained your GSD! If you are going to "continue the part time ownership bit? And I don't know what, they would say about that?

I know what I do, in your case but nothing I could suggest would work on a "Part Time Basis?" The Best Advise (in my opinion) is to call it a lesson learned, and rehome the Pup, before he hurts your girl ... "Sorry." :(

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This sounds like a bad situation all the way around dogs can easily get overstimulated by children who by nature are loud move quickly and don’t understand dog boundaries. It also sounds like the dog has had very little training loving the dog is not enough to make the dog behave. You need serious hands on training and now or I would recommend rehoming the dog

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are two things here as far as I can see and dont mean to sound like a you know what but honest it is.
It sounds like the dog has not been trained and loved properly and the kid is not been taught how to behave around the dog, how much teaining has the child and the dog had from you spending time together each day?
How much effection has the dog had is it a reactive dog if you raise a hand next to it, if so do the decent thing and get him a loving home as he will never get used to kids when they are bouncing about waving the arms in the air.
Also the dog neds to be comfortable in the environment before getting new things thrown his way like kids other animals if he is expected to soend the night, so small steps a visit a few hours at a time that kinda thing.

Boxers are high energy dogs require a lot of mind stimulation and plenty exercise if they are not getting this your screwing with the head and they aint the right bread for yog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts