Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybody using?  We're currently using Frontline.  I about stroked when I found out how much that it's gone up!  I just paid 73.99 for a 6 pack, that will last 3 months since I've got 2 boxers.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking about using advantage multi- while it's about 12 bucks per dose...it also protects against heartworm,  so all in all it's not too bad a price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the Revolution. (the one that is good for Fleas,ticks,ear mites, and hearworms) ALL IN ONE!!! Love it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hanna, garlic may help with fleas, but what about ticks?  I live in East TN (mountain and field country) where it's really bad and I'm afraid that garlic only wouldn't do the trick.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've heard of revolution... we use K9 Advantix. I was told by the vet that it would be better considering the location of our home (around wooded area).

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Heather, do you use their products or a human vitamin supplement.  Wonder if garlic will work for me, I get the creepy-crawlies when I think about ticks crawling on me or biting me.  :lol:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SharonL, I wish I'd known about that website, it would have saved me some money.  I printed it out and will hand it to the vet next time I go.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I use garlic in the produce isle :wink:   I get the organic chopped garlic and mix it in their food.   Along with salmon oil, and what ever we are using for toppers that day.  

Think about if you eat a lot of garlic.  It gets into your blood system and literally seeps thru your pores.  You smell like garlic - same thing it does with dogs.   This repels the flea and ticks, they are like "No Way, Jose".   Also they can jump on the coat and walk around, but they are less inclined to bite or if they do the blood tastes like the last sip of your two hour old beer and they are all set.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I use garlic for fleas... and I'm really interested in getting a new heartworm product I've heard of called, Iverhart. It helps with keeping fleas, heartworms & mange mites @ bay (among others) -- I'm not taking any chances of my girl getting sarcoptic mange again & I hope to prevent Nico from getting it as well!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've been buying fresh garlic too, but I was using unsalted garlic powder which was even easier.  Plus garlic breath smells better than the alternative   :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
:rofl: Yum - MEE!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
*haha* Oh, now that's mean... Boxers are very smart dogs!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
He ran into the wall last night and looked at me like I just put it up.  I will give him credit.  I taught him the weave poles and the balance beam yesterday at the park and he was even catching tennis balls consistently so he may have been mentally drained.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts