Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what the best flea and tick stuff to get gypsy?
She doesn't have any and I would like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
A lot of people use holistic spray. We give all our dogs nexguard monthly. No fleas or ticks. Our cats (inside cats) would routinely get fleas, I guess the dogs or us brought them in . Now that we use next guard no more fleas in 3 years. (knock on wood). There is nothing worse then removing fleas from long haired cats. Oh and once a year I treat the yard.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you, so what do you do if they do get them? I just want to be prepared for anything cuz I have no clue about dog ownership

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at her now and I think she has them. How do you get rid of them and do I have to treat the furniture and if so what do I use?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looking at her now and I think she has them. How do you get rid of them and do I have to treat the furniture and if so what do I use?
They are actually pretty easy to spot on a boxer. Zuke got them at about 4 months. I noticed on him they concentrated in the head area and the butt area. I think because there is usually more fur there. If she is scratching & biting more than usual and you brush the hair with your hand in the opposite direction you should be able to see if she has them.

I took Zuke to to the vet they gave him a pill and all the fleas were dead in 2 hours. If I remember correctly he also had to take another pill to kill the eggs. Haven't had any problems since.

Other members on here probably have a natural remedy for it if you are so inclined to go that route. I think there is a whole thread on it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool thanks. Not so much into the natural thing. Not that I like chemicals if it isn't necessary I just like things taken care of ASAP if I can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts