Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female has not eaten anything today. I woke up to find out that she had vomited on her crate this morning. -she is 4months old. The only changes introduced where the use of Advantix. Can a flea product make her sick?

The male seems fine.

Gipsy.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It could be that she did lick some off and is sick due to that.  Keep an eye on her for additional vomiting and/or diaharrea.  

Maybe Sharon has some more info on this for you.

Nano

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I remember reading when we first started using it on Phoenix that you have to spread it out over the spine in small amounts and if you put too much in one spot it will run down the side of the dog allowing them to lick it. As well with their short fur it tends to run more than if they had longer fur to absorb some of the product. So she might of ingested a bit of it by the sounds of it.
Did you put it on both of them? Perhaps she licked some of it off the other one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. There was a lot of medication. She probably licked some of it. I should have used less. It was for 30+ pounds..  And they are 4 months old and at 40 pounds. So there was a lot of med involved.... Maybe she licked some of it. I hope she will get better in a day or two...

Will she get better if she ingested the med or do I need to call the vet?

Gipsy.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
If her symptoms get worse or she has really bad vomiting or diarrhea I would call the vet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Licking Advantix will make them feel bad and vomit.....So that is possible....it is sometimes hard to get it on them without some of it running down the hair and also possible she licked some off the male....In addition there are some dogs that can not take certain products and you would have to wait until time to use it again to see if the same thing happened...of course trying to monitor for licking it....

My kitty gets sick every time I put advantage (not advantix) on him....he gets it on his foot and licks it....then throws up and drools....but....the next day he is fine and the next month we go through it again....:)

I would say if your pup is not better within 24 hours see your vet...but things will probably be fine.....

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG ditto Sharon..our big siamese with frontline plus is the same way!! he cant stand that his fur is not perfect lol..so he licks but cant reach so rubs paws etc until he gets it and boy he drools, runs around, drools some more..then hes fine....does it every month :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts