Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The only thing I can recommend is another form of flea treatment. I use Revolution and I've never seen a flea. They are pretty bad here in south Florida too. I've heard of people that use Frontline that have had fleas on their pets. The other thing you can try is to get everyone and all the pets out of your house for the day and set off some flea bombs to kill all the fleas in the house. I know people don't like to use all these things, but once the fleas are in the house, they can be quite difficult to get rid of. You can also get 20 mule team Borax and brush that into the carpet and vacuum it up real good. Good luck, I know it's not fun dealing with those pesky critters.  :?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Chloesmom\";p=\"17726 said:
Question- i was reading online and there was a website that said to add yeast pills to the animals food or a small amount of garlic to each meal. that these are natural repelents. i thought garlic was could be toxic to dogs/cats. am i correct on this? I planned on trying to switch to revolution-but cant do that just yet since we just administered another round of frontline.
You can use brewers yeast and actually rub that on your pets. Garlic is a natural flea preventative. Yes it is in the onion family and can be dangerous in excess amounts. A 1/2 a clove a week is all that is needed. I've also heard a splash of vinegar mixed in with their food can help.
Here is a link for you: http://www.healthyfoodforpets.com/FleaFree.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.