Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
One thing to remember with Frontline is that they can build up an immune system to that product.  So if you have used it for a while...3-6-10 months then it is time to change to another product for a while.

I use K-9 advantix and yes here in the MS Gulf Coast we have tons of fleas and ticks.  I alternate K-9 Advan with Frontline every 3 months....I dont see any on Fiona....

Revolution does work great but if you are using it for Heartworm meds also you have to make sure to get it on the skin, make sure they dont rub it off and follow the directions on bathing before and after the dose.  Not following the directions can lead to problems with the heartworm medicine not working right......It is great though when used right!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Chloesmom\";p=\"17726 said:
Question- i was reading online and there was a website that said to add yeast pills to the animals food or a small amount of garlic to each meal. that these are natural repelents. i thought garlic was could be toxic to dogs/cats. am i correct on this? I planned on trying to switch to revolution-but cant do that just yet since we just administered another round of frontline.
There is alot of different thoughts on Garlic you can check this site out...... The main thing is that garlic in small amounts is not harmful it is a large amount at one time.  It affects the red blood cells in dogs and cats.

http://www.petsbynature.com/Garlic.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.