Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a basket case most of the day, but heard from the vet around 4..My boy came thru his crop like a champ, and is recuping nicely..I opted to have him stay the night as he does his surgeries late in the day, so we all are missing him badly tonite...The vet again told me what a great looking boy he is and the ears he built him will just give him a more elegamt look...Can't wait to see the outcome tmw

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm so glad to hear everything went smoothly. I'm sure you are dying to see him and missing him like mad! Yay Flick! :) Can't wait to see the pics!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I've been keeping you in my thoughts today, soo  glad Flick did well with his crop and will soon be home safe and sound. How we worry over these babies sure is something. In some ways it's worse than when the skin kids were hurt, at least I could explain to them what was going on and what was going to help them feel better :roll:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Glad to hear it all went well! Can't wait to see pictures of his new "look"!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lori, isn't that the truth, the whole way to to the vet which takes over an hour I kept telling him how pretty he was going to look and that we would have to watch out for those cute little girlies chasing him... :lol: Poor Angel tho, she is just soo depressed tonite :(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hahahahaha ME TOO! I explained the whole thing to Blitz, "you're going to spend the day with Dr Jen, we'll pick you up soon" Oh yeah and " It's just for a little while " like she's telling time now  :lol:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
wow i cant wait to see pics..ive been waiting for this all week! glad he did well and make sure to share a TON of pics of the new ears

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww...Poor Angel is missing her lil bro, while Samson is probably thankful for the chance to rest! I hope the flickmeister does well tonite and I'm sure he will be ecstatic to see you tomorrow!  :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am glad to hear he is ok and want to see the pics i wish i would have been able to get rockos done but he was to old never could find a vet to do them after 12 weeks

G

·
0 Posts
He is going to look so great with his new crop.  We are still fairly new owners of the boxer breed so I was too scared to even consider a crop.  Maybe one day.

Glad to hear he is doing well and can't wait to see pics!  He is for sure going to be a knock out.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Awww, poor Angel. Flick will be glad to see big sis too!

Do they have pain during the healing process? How long do you have to keep wrapping?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Get well soon Flick, hope your new ears are just as cute as you little one :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol Linda, did you have to remind me? I'm getting used to the idea actually...I wasn't real thrilled on cropping, most of you know that, but a deal is a deal and it will enhance his pretty head :)

Kalyn, I know there is some pain the first couple days, he will have some meds when I bring him home..The taping and posting will go on for a bit...A lot depends on the individual Boxer. Some stand fast, some need some coaxing :) The hard part is going to be keeping Angel & him from getting too wild

·
Registered
696 Posts
Aww... I'd be missing him too! He's such a beauty - I can't wait to see how he looks w/his ears cropped - even more regal, I'm sure! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts