Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m just wondering if anyone has been on a airplane with there adult Boxer. And if so how was it?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
So no help here only what I heard and read ..https://www.travelingpetsafety.com/snub-nosed-dogs/

·
Registered
328 Posts
The airlines will restrict you from flying certain dates, no hot months some airlines will not fly Boxers at all. I have flown many times with no problems,Make sure you have a Proper crate.very important.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Joe.
Shes actually my service dog. So I believe she will fly next to me. I’m just concerned about the cabin pressure. She’s 8 and has never flown so a little worried. I’m moving across country so I was debating on flying or driving with her.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Most airlines also now make a distinction, between "service" and "support" dogs. Only reason I say this is most people use the word "service dog" to cover all dogs and there is a difference.

Support dogs I believe you need a note from a medical health professional, the dog can't be above a certain size for some airlines, and needs to be well behaved. I don't believe they fly for free

Service dogs fly free, need the service dog ID tag, and usually the vest which marks them a service dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that’s very true and I have all of that. Service and Emotional Support fly free with the proper identification. She’s been on 2 cruises with me as well. But that’s just at sea and she did fine. I guess I was just more concerned about her being able to breath with the cabin pressure.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Oh ok. Yeah, not sure about that. I know some airlines refuse to fly brachycephalic breeds because of there sometimes being issues. Unfortunately I don't know if there is anyway to be a 100% sure, I'm guessing most do just fine like Joeponds and his dogs.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Well I have not it done it myself. But if the Dog Fly's in the Cabin with you?? Then the "Breed," does not matter. If "you' can survive the trip so can your dog! He's just another passenger ... with uh four feet, fur and a funny face. :)

The "Cargo Bay," is another story?? But I have never "Flown Cargo??" So I don't know??? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts