Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m here for a variety of different reasons! All boxers are different and I seem to get he jack of all trades! One of the issues I’m having is allergies my boxer came from Texas all the way to Iowa! She didn’t have any skin issues when I brought her home but she sure does now! I’ve tried changing food and changed to the brand she was eating while in Texas a grain free lamb but she continues to have a hive/ red irritated rash on her chest in her arm pits midly in her ears not bad there though and her feet are irritated. I’m guessing it’s seasonal grass allergy maybe!? Anyone else have experience with this? I’ve been doing Benadryl 2 a day and that just seems to take the edge off. Vet appt is on Monday!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yeah, my guy gets the allergies (I'm assuming grass)every spring and summer. Luckily its not very bad, gets a little redness on a few toes and his upper groin. I just spray it with a 50/50 Apple Cider vinegar and water mix and it seems to help keep it manageable till the fall and winter.

Sounds like you are dealing with worse allergies. Hopefully the vet can give some advice. If its environment or food.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just got told my girl has seasonal allergies. I took her to the vet for some redness on her belly and she was chewing on her paws (redness there too). She's now on Reactine every day and has some cream for her belly.
She loves the outdoors but they don't love her!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
If she is on the same food as she was before, ... then it's most likely not that?? Most likely it's "environmental??" I've been in Texas decades ago but not to Iowa but most likely different grasses and trees and stuff up there??

The vet will most likely give her a "Kenalog Shot" and that should help and from there she will hopefully build up a tolerance to the new environment. Most likely the issues will reside anyway in the Fall??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts