Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dempsey, was on Iams was wondering after reading about some of the other dog foods is it better to have the wave kibble or the round kind? also which one will help cut dont on tartar ?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Not sure what you mean by wave or round,I assume shape? If so, I guess I never paid too much attention to that, long as the end product looks ok. lol For tartar control I give the occasional raw bone. I sometimes freeze them 1st and call them puppy tranquilizers-Donner is content with one for a couple hours :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been reading and one kibble maker siad the wave kind helps them eat it because the shape of the boxers jaw and face was just wondering if that was right?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I feed Chicken Soup and to me it looks like M&M"s...So, not sure what they are referring to..As far as tartar control, Nylabones are great. Angel chews on hers dailey and she has the whitest teeth..Also it's never too early to start with a tooth brushing program as well....

·
Registered
780 Posts
The food we use is shaped like duck feed pellets and break down very quickly.  Our Teaki couldn't keep the other types down.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
small kibble reduces gas....however there are better ways to clean your dogs teeth...

you could try nylabones...or getting him used to a toothbrush and toothpaste

or both

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
oh also i got this hartz jew toy that is supposed to cut down on tartar. I am not sure how well it works but ill let you know once my guy starts using it more. i think its called the teeth scrubber?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You can start using Nylabones as early as you like.  They make one that is the only one that I recommend and its the Nylabone Natural edibles.  It has no plastic and is digestable.

Hope this helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts