1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the allergy problems we have tried lots of different foods:

1.  Royal Canin (crap...in my opinion)
2.  Nutro (also crap...IMHO)
3.  Chicken Soup (good stuff, but allergies developed)
4.  Canidae (good stuff, but again, allergies)
5.  Natural Balance - fish/potatoe (good stuff, less allergies, but still there)

Finally we are now on Wellness Fish and Sweet Potatoe and while Penny is scratching at her ears, it is significantly less and we hope that given some time on the new food it will go away completely.

The best part is that the LOVE THIS FOOD.  Vegas has never had a problem eating, but Penny has always been a bit picky....with this stuff though I think they would eat the whole bag if I let them!!!!

When we switch foods they normally chow down on it for the first few meals mainly because it is something new...but after a few days it is back to the "same old same old"...we have been through a full bag of the Wellness now however and they are still going to town on it!!

The downside is the cost...I pay $43 for a 30 lb bag which they will go thru in roughly 20-22 days.....could be more, but it could be less.  I guess the more important thing is that they are getting a good food and we are getting rid of the allergies (hopefully!)

Anyways, just my .02...have a good day all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...we definately saw an improvement but still had a little problems.  

Doing well on the Wellness (lol!)....and it has a VERY simple incredient list.  It has also been suggested that if we still see problems that we could also try Wellness' Simple Solutions variety which is an even more simplified incredient list.

We shall see...  :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good luck.  Ours have never really had allergy problems but our Teaki has always had a food problem and couldn't eat or keep down most foods.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It is a struggle sometimes finding something that works, especially with 2 dogs..I've been very fortunate with no allergies, just had to search for something acceptable that could be bought locally....Good luck and hope it keeps working...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Glad you found something that is working.  Allergies are so hard to deal with.  Just like people that are allergic to strawberries - does make them a bad food, just bad for the person that can't tolerate them.  Good luck and hope this is the food for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts