Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My friends two Boxers (brother and sister) have skin issues that are pretty bad. Four veterinarians in northern NJ have run many tests and found nothing wrong - but something is definitely not right. He's changed their food, bedding, laundry detergent, meds, and gives them oatmeal baths, but nothing helps. They scratch and scratch so much their skin flakes off (see photo). I NEED to help him and his awesome dogs find a solution. Can someone please provide some advice or knowledge to help us? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. Ken in Connecticut.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Have they been treated for allergies? Outd as well as indoor allergies should be addressed. There are allergy treatments available I shot and pill form. Allergies and scratching lead to secondary yeast infections and flaking skin. Seems like it’s time to get another opinion.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Boy that certainly looks like "Mange," to me?

But fours Vet's? Someone should have found the answer? Have they at least had Kenalog shots? That's not the complete answer but it should provide some relief for them.

Most likely he is getting tired of trying vet's? But I would contact a Rescue Group, and ask them where they take there dog's with "skin issues?" Most likely "whatever" this is they have most likely seen it? Maybe he can arrange for someone from a "rescue group," to see the Dog's?

I would also start using "Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth," on the Dog's Bedding and in room they are in the house. Now I don't know if they have the mites? But if they do ... this will kill them and it fall's in the heading of ... "it can't hurt." :)

And also it might be "Food Related?" And if so just stay away from "Grain Free Dog Food!" He'd just e traiting one isues for another. And many on here know what I am alluding to.

Thank you for trying to help him and Thank him from us for "Rescuing them." Keep us updated on how it's going?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Something looks strange here. Judging from the length of the nails alone it doesn't look like this dog is receiving the best care. How old are these dogs?
Agreed 100%. This dog is not being cared for properly. Nails that long are an issue and if the dog is itching going to make things a lot worse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first boxer had skin problems his whole life. I took him to the vet many times searching for answers. They ran a number of tests over the years but never found a cause. At times he didn't look very good but he was a playful and happy boxer all the way to the end of his life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something looks strange here. Judging from the length of the nails alone it doesn't look like this dog is receiving the best care. How old are these dogs?
Boy that certainly looks like "Mange," to me?

But fours Vet's? Someone should have found the answer? Have they at least had Kenalog shots? That's not the complete answer but it should provide some relief for them.

Most likely he is getting tired of trying vet's? But I would contact a Rescue Group, and ask them where they take there dog's with "skin issues?" Most likely "whatever" this is they have most likely seen it? Maybe he can arrange for someone from a "rescue group," to see the Dog's?

I would also start using "Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth," on the Dog's Bedding and in room they are in the house. Now I don't know if they have the mites? But if they do ... this will kill them and it fall's in the heading of ... "it can't hurt." :)

And also it might be "Food Related?" And if so just stay away from "Grain Free Dog Food!" He'd just e traiting one isues for another. And many on here know what I am alluding to.

Thank you for trying to help him and Thank him from us for "Rescuing them." Keep us updated on how it's going?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So 4 vets could not figure out what was going on with the dog? What type of tests they ran? Did any of the doctors raised any concerns about the size of the nails? Your picture doesn’t say anything at all. All that the picture is saying is that those dogs are not being taken care of. Like someone else said, it looks like is mangue. I have been involved with Boxers for good 30 years as breeder and owner and i ah e never seen that an allergy is going to do this toña Boxer. We do need more information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts