Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this email today and it really touched base. One of my biggest peeves is people that think they need to "get rid of" their pet because they are expecting a child. I can't tell you how many times rescues hear this excuse, and that was one of the reasons the people gave up Maddie. I'm super glad they did, because now she is with me,  :p  but the reasoning is just plain stupid! Anyway, I thought these pics were cute enough to share, but just remember these the next time you hear someone giving up their pet because they are having a baby!  :D  

And my two personal favorites of my son Brandon and daughter Brianna who are constantly using Maddie as their pillow!

I know a few members have some great pics of kids (Skin & Fur) . :lol: If you've got any, we'd love to see them...post away!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Very cute!  I love the boxer with the bucket on the head....doesn't look happy at all!  
Brandon and Brianna are adorable!  I don't have any kids, so it's usually me with my head on Lola!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes I couldn't agree more. And of course there is my siggy pic of my 4.5 year old daughter and Harleigh napping on a Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I love this post! Even tho I don't have any kids besides Chloe and Brodi, I could look at pics like this all day long. I can't wait to see all the pics everyone posts. Thanks Lisa  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am with you lisa. It is upsetting knowing that these loving animals are so easily discarded by some people. Like you though i am happy they did this, b/c if not i would not have ever got my samson boy! I will post my pics later tonight after work, i a few i can post :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't have kids but I baby sit a lot Duke loves the 2 year old I baby sit, they also have a 6 month old and Duke is just fasinated by him.  We have another friend that has a 6 month old that I babysat one night, I had to go to the bathroom so I put the baby in his car seat on the back middle of the table, Duke is watching me this whole time from where we were sitting...I told Duke to watch him and keep him safe, I come out of the bathroom and Duke has his paws up on the table just staring at him, the look he gave me when I came out was so gentle and sweet.   He is so gentle with the little kids and babies that come over.  I have no worries about when we have kids.  I think Duke would love it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got this e-mail a while back and I just LOVE the bucket head boxer! What a good sport! I think animals and kids have a special bond...I love seeing my skin and fur babies with each other!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That's my little ray of sunshine for today - thankyou for sharing those :D

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
all those pics are so damn cute! I want a kid now lol my husband is gonna hate you guys he he j.k.  :lol:   (maybe what i need is a job)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I totally agree -- makes me so angry when I hear of such things!

BTW, does Brandon know how awfully close he is to the tootin' end of Maddie?! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
:D Those were great, i personally think that dogs are a great part of a child's life. I grew up with them, and i will always have a dog in my household, even if i have children. Those were great pictures, thanks for sharing, put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
OmensMom\";p=\"91668 said:
Here's two ooooold pictures of me as a kid with our American Staffordshire Terrier Roxanne...

that is sooo cute!

that reminds me...

the little kid is me... and the boxer is Rocky!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Aww.. great pics!

I love Staffies - they are amazingly sweet dogs. I hate that they get a bad rep from ignorant ppl!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I love looking at kids and dogs together.  I can't imagine what it would be like growing up without a dog.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts