Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the second time in two months Amber is going to have surgery....
Even though this surgery is minor it's much more scary than the last one... (knee surgery)

this one is a removal of two Lumps. One on her side which was present for a while and diagnosed as a fatty tissue buildup of some sort... Then over the last week or two she has a mass appear immediately above her shoulders. Our dvm recommended immediate biopsy and removal of both as it appeared so quickly. We are talking within two weeks nothing to the size of 3/4 of a golf ball.C:doc:

My poor little girl.... She was sent home with antibiotics incase it is just a abcess or injury caused by the girls rough-housing. If it doesn't go down by Monday it is coming out and being shipped to a veterinarian university for biopsy :( everyone send good healing vibes her was the poor little girl is not even done her physio yet and she's under the knife again...

It seems cruel and inhumane that she has to go through it...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Aww. Sending healing vibes and lots of prayers. Hope she gets better.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Many, many healing vibes comin' your way!!! Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Aw, poor baby Amber....sending healing hugs and kisses from me and Laney. I hope it all works out for you. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Sorry you're going through this with Amber. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Hope Amber is okay and it turns out to be nothing serious. Sending healing vibes! )

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Hopefully all goes well...those 2 surgeries are way too close to each others,I wouldnt be comfy with that unless its an emergency :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully all goes well...those 2 surgeries are way too close to each others,I wouldnt be comfy with that unless its an emergency :(
We would not be considering two so close together if it were not... TheRe is a danger at this rate if growth and proximity to the spine... That it could become inoperable if it were to fuse...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Aww poor baby. I hope it's nothing bad and that it all goes as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I am not sure what to do now... The lump has shrunk significantly with the antibiodics that the dvm gave her which suggests that it is a subdermal abcess... She has three days of Meds left but at the rate it is shrinking it will not be gone when the pills are gone... So back to the vet again... I agree that it is too soon for a surgery again but I am so worried it will fuse to her spine making it inoperable if it is a tumor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts