Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out on my lunch break yesterday and bought a child proofing device that basically looked like what you put on cabinets (they have little push tabs for you to push down on) to keep children from opening them...Only bigger. You place them at the top of the door, where you can reach, but your boxer can't.

I left Beaux alone for 2 hours last night, and the door was still closed when I came home- no incidents!

Also, Duke01 suggested that I buy my dog a water bowl that has the "fountain" feature, and Beaux LOVES it! (and also didn't try to turn on any faucets last night or this morning)

Anyway, I'm not sure if it was the water bowl or the child proofing, or both...

But this was an inexpensive way to keep my dog out of a room (it was only 2 dollars per door).

Just thought I'd let you all know!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm glad those worked for you! but just an fyi, the child proof cabinet things may be dog proof, but they're for sure not child proof. lol My daughter was opening those at 1. =P

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some children are smarter than others lolol.

My nephew had them figured out too!

If I have a child who is as smart as my dog, I'll be in HUGE trouble, lol.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Might be worth the invest.. I haven't seen her try the faucets yet, but in time I'm sure she will...  The doors, she can do

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
we used to use the magnet ones in the daycare I worked at. They were awesome. even though the kids knew how to open them, if the magnet is high enough out of reach it wont matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts