Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Diamond do you use? Trying to find a good one but need some input on which diamond is the best

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
oh lord Tami, I know Rhonda feeds it, but have no clue what she is using...I know that we brought some home with Angel and she had awful gas, I mean clear the room type 8O ..Lamb & Rice is always good, I don't know if they make that or not

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they do make lamb and rice.....everything i have fed Chance gives him horrible clear the room gas...so i thought i would try diamond....i looked up the grade for diamond and the adult was a 99 and the lamb and rice was a 92....but the adult is 60+ and Chance is only like 54 pounds so should i go with the lamb and rice or is he close enough to go with the adult?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tami,
I've been feeding Diamond Brand food for over a year now. My adults get Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice, as pupppies (until about a year old) I fed Diamond Brand Naturals Large Breed Puppy Lamb and Rice. It helped initially with the gas, they're kinda back to having occasional gas now. The main difference I noticed was in their coat, it totally changed, super shiney and thicker. I personally think its a great food for the price.

Jody

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jody!!!! i appreciate the advice....i will go with the large breed puppy lamb and rice then!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have fed Harley Large Breed Puppy Lamb and Rice, and now we are feeding Harley Diamond Puppy, and Dozer is on Diamond also!

G

·
0 Posts
I've heard that boxers do not need large breed puppy food as they are not large breed dogs...also...it's ok to feed puppies adult food...as long as the protein is not too high...With Chance being over 6 months, I would feed him the adult food

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the adult for him....only because then him and our lab can both eat it....great price on it....40 pound bag for 20.38

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Wow that is an amazing price and we have nothing like that around here lol. Let us know if it helps with the gas..maverick has horrible gas but not ALL the time but i like canidae and until i find another reasonable food that is available here ill keep him on it as it is ALS...that is one thing that really sells me on it not having to know when to switch. Hope Chance likes the new food!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts