Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After losing our Boxer less than four months ago, and still grieving, I wonder how much time it takes to let another into your heart.  I've taken in a foster pup a week ago, a small hound mix.  I also have applied to foster for a Boxer rescue.  I have been searching for a good breeder who would have a Boxer pup available in the late summer.  A friend says you need more time to work through the loss, and this rescue work can be very emotionally straining.  I'd like to fill the house full right now.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Ann WI

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We had a cat that we had to put down about a month or two before we got Duke.  It was a very hard thing to do and even harder to come home to my other cat that spend all day and night looking for his lost buddy.  But the excited of getting a new puppy helped and when we got Duke we were so busy with potty training and loving him that it helped a great deal.  I was still very sad when I talked about my baby girl and when I stoped to look at pictures of her but when Duke came bounding into the room it immediately put a smile on my face.  

Everyone is different, if you feel its right then it will be right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts