Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just got home to find an empty chewed extra strength Ibuprofen bottle on the floor. I think there were maybe 10 pills. Not sure if it was Tess or lex that ate them. I know I'll need to call the vet but maybe one of you knows if his is really bad?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Yes. I wou ld induce vomiting NOW. give them a couple raccoons hydrogen peroxide and they should throw up in a few minutes. Call your bet for dosage of hydrogen peroxide and bring them both in immediately! Please keep usnposted.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Just got home from the 24 hour clinic. They induced vomiting and watched her for a bit. The vet recommend we keep her there for 3 days but we decided to bring her home with the charcoal treatment and some other pills they gave us and bring her to our own vet tomorrow morning. So far she's doing well and just wanting to play even after forcing charcoal down her throat. She's a trooper!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lexi is doing good right now. I should mention that after seeing both of the girls vomit we pretty much knew Tessa had nothing to do with it. We think she was sleeping the whole time Lexi was getting into stuff. So it was a long night with lex after giving her the charcoal paste. The last time we had to give them both the charcoal after them getting into a lot of garlic (I sound like such a bad mother! :( ) they were both exploding with the runs and vomit. So we all slept in the living room so we could keep and eye on her but nothing. She was totally fine. So for now we are just watching her closely and keeping her hydrated. She's on a bland diet for 5 days. I'm really just hoping Somehow she didn't eat any pills or there were only 2 in the bottle.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Hoss ate a bunch of ibuprofen a couple yrs ago. It turned out ok, but he spent a couple days at the vet hooked up to an IV to flush his kidneys. Glad your experience wasn't as bad!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,468 Posts
Boil some chicken and let the broth cool and give her that - it might be more enticing.
Does she like ice cubes? If so, just keep giving them to her as well.

:)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top