Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend of the last 10 and a half years passed away yesterday suddenly. He went downhill suddenly over a few days and we found out he had a tumour in his liver. Nothing the vets could do to save him as he had internal bleeding.

I can't quite put into words how I'm feeling at the moment. He's had arthritis that we've been caring for for the past couple of years and I honestly thought this would be the way he went so for him to go so suddenly is really hard to take. Everything I do at the moment triggers a memory I have of him.

He's been the best dog ever. Been the life of the house and everybody he met on his walks loved him.

I've used this forum to look up various things from food to illnesses and it's been a really valuable source and I appreciate everybody's input.

Here he is a few days ago enjoying his walk and relaxing whilst watching the world go by. He loved just lying there watching other dogs and people whilst I chilled out next to him reading a book:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Freddie, he looked a wonderful boy. One day at a time is all you can do, thinking of all the lovely days you spent together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am so so sorry for the lose of your boxerbaby... remember all Of the good times and that he's not in pain now. Nothing anyone can say will make it easier but I wish you comfort.he may not be there physically anymore but he's still there in spirit.

·
Registered
634 Posts
So sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a happy, spoiled and very loved furbaby. I hope your memories bring you comfort.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss! I don't think anyone can be prepared for the pain that comes after they are gone! It gets easier, but it's a long grieving process. May you meet again.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'm so sorry ... it's hard to lose a dog any way and suddenly and unexpected as it were, kinda sits you back! That happened with my Band Dawg. :(

The next couple of weeks are gonna be especially hard ... pretty much everything is going to remind you of your loss. But it will get better with time (sounds trite ... but it's a thing) and when that happens ... the good times will replace the bad and you will smile thru the tears, take care. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts