Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just thought I'd share this with you all. Freddie has a number of toys (actually loads!) which we keep in a plastic box. 1. To keep the house tidy and 2. We picked up the idea when we used to take him puppy training - they had a plastic box with loads of toys in it and he always loved hunting around for the best toy!!!

Anyway, besides the point I thought I'd let you know his favourite toy. It's a small rubber latex ball, probably a bit smaller than a tennis ball, and he can spend hours with it in his mouth squeaking away and he tries (and fails) to chew it to bits!

It's proved so popular that we bought him another one and with a drill removed the squeaker. So he's allowed that one all the time and the squeaky version on special occasions - which ends up being most of the time  :?

You can usually find them on eBay, just type in "latex ball" and in the UK loads come up - not so many in the States but still a few. Best of all they're really cheap. A pound or so in the UK and 2 or 3 dollars in the US.

I'd be really interested in whether it's just Freddie that does mad for them so go and buy one this weekend and see what you, and more importantly your boxer thinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Re: Freddies' favourite ball

i will have to see what i can do...Reese has been in love with tennis balls lately...but they get destroyed quickly :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yep, the only damage he caused was a tiny puncture to the ball but it's hasn't increased in size or anything - a great toy. There's really soft and squishy so I they can't really dig their teeth in as such - I think that's why they can't really damage them.

I should probably become a salesman for the company!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

i like the different faces and such on them. If i find any out this way in canada ill pick them up because Maverick has become obsessed with tennis balls this past week i think. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The other thing I liked about the squeaky face balls is they are really light and when you throw them around the house you're not afraid that it's gonna knock an ancient ornament from the mantle-piece  :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Umm, after my glowing review of this ball I would advise to supervise at all times... The reason: Well we've just had to take Freddie to the vets because he swallowed the ball! Luckily the vet managed to give him an injection that made him vomit and thank-goodness the ball came out!

I think the reason is a mixture of him getting it so soaked in saliva and he squashed it up so that he could easily swallow it whole - I doubt if he meant it though!

Poor little puppy - he's feeling very sorry for himself now, laying all quiet in his bed  :(

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Poor guy! Hope he is feeling better soon. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Geez  8O ...I hope Freddie is feeling better!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, it hasn't taken him long to get over the sickness... he's now up on my bed, as I type, playing with another of his toys!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yeah I think tennis balls are too small, so when I heard this one was even smaller, I had a feeling it was a choking hazard. I wouldn't even risk it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sully\";p=\"70097 said:
Yeah I think tennis balls are too small, so when I heard this one was even smaller, I had a feeling it was a choking hazard. I wouldn't even risk it
Yep, just incredibly fortunate that he threw it up it the end.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So happy to hear that he was able to vomit it up and everything is back to normal.  Must have been very scary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts