Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long sad story actually:
My friend (Who I got Ginsy from -another long story, no she isn't a breeder)  my friends sister has two boxers from the same litter (male and female) who are not fixed :(   Well last night her female had seven puppies.  She isn't even sure if her male is the father or not (way to be a responsible pet owner huh)  

Well she works all day everyday and keeps her dogs in kennels all day :cry:   and Lexi(female boxer) was loosing weight and acting lethargic so my friend took the dog for her sister so she could take care of her during her PG.  Lexi had seven puppies last night.  my friend says they all look like boxers not mixed (but it really is too soon to tell)  All are flashy dark brindle a few have som white on the face and they al have white chests.

Her sister is going to take lexi and the puppies back to her appt this week :cry:  and I'm afraid they won't survive because she is never home.  the whole thing makes me unbarably sad.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that makes my blood boil! I really hate to hear things like that...There is no telling what kind of health issues those pups are going to have first of all, and then there is just the general care that is sadly being neglected to the pups and to Mom...Those pups and Mom need to be checked by a vet! And I'm sure that isn't going to happen right? That is soo sad....Rhonda just whelped a litter and she stays in the whelping trailer 24/7 when her bitches are about to deliver and a few days after, just to keep an eye on everybody...Had to laugh, cos she told me she bought a new couch, cos her old one was no fun sleeping on when she was keeping an eye on things.. :lol:
Is there something someone can do? I mean you hate to call the authorities on her, but yes, I would be worried too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is their anyway someone would take on the care of the puppies and mother?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my friend is caring for them now.  But her sister won't let her keep them or the mother.  And since it is her sister she can't call the authorities, but she is really trying to convince her sister to let them stay with her.  Her sister is really young too (only 20-24 or so, and young for her age  :roll:  )

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Bad situation all the way around..Sounds like they would be better off with your friend, bless her heart....I suppose her sister is planning on selling them(if they survive) for some outrageous amount of money too...Ok, I need to calm down now..Lol...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That is so sad. Why can she not call the authorities? If put in the situation i would call them no matter how close i was to the person. The life of the puppies and mother would be more important!! Please keep us posted on how things go, such a sad-sad situation

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am hoping my friend will be able to convince her sister to let the mom and puppies stay with her till they all have homes.  (but I suspect you are correct and she does want the money from selling them)  

She won't let my friend have the adults either, she says they are her babies and she would miss them too much.  

My friend has even offered to pay her sister for theadults.  She is home all day, and her children would love all over them and she has a fenced in yard etc etc but the sister won't budge (so far)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
And I'm sure she has no intention on geting either adult fixed I bet either? People like that do not deserve to have pets.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn't agree more!
For now my hands are tied, But I am hoping for the best.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That's so sad, well keep us posted, hopefully your friend can wear her sister down and make her realize what's the right thing to do...

·
Registered
627 Posts
1stboxer\";p=\"15134 said:
...she says they are her babies and she would miss them too much...
I sorry to be mean, but she is never home!!!  How could she miss them!!!

I would call the authorities on my family members if I were in that situation...just make an anonymous complaint.  The worst that could happen is her sister might go to jail for a month or so and she'll definitely have to pay a fine, but the dogs would be able to get good homes and away from that horrible situation.  Then hopefully she would learn her lesson and never get another dog.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think that because this person is her sister, she can take more drastic action.  If I were her I would just take the dogs (does she have a key to her sister's house?) and deal with the repercussions afterwards.  Possession is nine-tenths of the law, after all.  Does she have any other siblings/parents who might be able to talk sense into this person?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
What the hell? If this girl is never home, why would she want to take Lexi and the pups if she won't take care of them? I hate hearing these things. All I can say is I really hope mom and those pups will be okay and survive. Personally, I would call authorities. These pups need 24/7 care. Why jeopardize their lives? Friend, sister, mother, whoever, I wouldn't care if it was the pope, these pups need care right now.
Hopefully this girl will wake up real fast!  :x

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Puppy # 8 arrived at nine am and all are nursing fine.
My friend had a long talk with her sister and stenly told her the facts of life and her responsibilities.

I think nearly loosing Lexi finally woke her up.  She has decided to take better care of them  :roll: She is renting a house, not an appt (my mistake :oops: ) and has a garage and fenced yard so she has gotten permision to install a dog door in the back door ( if she agrees to replace te door when she moves out) so the dogs can have free access to the yard and Garage.  with food and water available at all times.

She is taking them all to the vet tommorrow to get checked out and have their tails and duclaws done.  her boyfriend is a cop who works second shift so he will also be checking in on them several times a day.   And I think she may even be planning on having them both fixed after this collossal screw up.  Like I said before,  i just think she is REALLY young for her age and just didn't understand the full implications of having Large dogs.  (they all grew up with teacup yorkies.  Their mom was a breeder :roll: - teacups aren't recognized by AKC.)  Live and learn I guess.

still praying for a good ending.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah and she is setting up a little playyard in the garage fot the puppies.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Not to sound harsh or rude- but no matter how good of intention she plans on having with the dogs now- i dont think she is going to change. If she is wanting to sell for extra cash, then that type of behavior will conitnue. For the sake of her adult dogs and for the sake of the puppies i hope she does clean her act up, but only time will tell

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The best preditor of future behavior is past behavior!!!  I really hope she cleans her act up!!!  Stuff like this really burns my butt!!!  

Keep us posted!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear they will be going to the vet and taken care of.  Please remind them to put the mother dog on a really good food.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts