Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Fritz to vet this morning.As he is not walking right ,trips sometimes, lost weight.The news was not good .think he has Neurology problems.spin prombles.Need to take him to a specialty care ,center to get test done.Any one been through this.??

·
Registered
56 Posts
He is too young to have neurology problems but it may be some lyme like illness...But when you talk about weight loss I am worried that he may have some kind of tumor...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will see when go Tuesday.I am so upset that it might be a tumor.what kind of tests do they do for Lyme illness.he had blood tests .I hope I don't loose him .He was my husbands shadow.They had such a bond .It has been only a year since I lost my husband .Either one of us is over that loss.Now this.He is such a loving dog.Really don't know what I will do without him.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am so sorry...Lyme disease and other tick born diseases diagnosed by blood test. You may ask the vet if it was done. Please stay positive because positive energy is important...I pray that you have a good vet

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
I would have your vet X-ray his spine for spondylosis. Pain could be part of the cause of weight loss. If his spine is clear, I would order a DM test kit from Gensol Diagnostics (they are on sale right now). You can do this test yourself, it's just a cheek swab. Degenerative Myeopathy and spondylosis is very common in our breed. Spondylosis can be managed with anti inflammatories and pain meds.

To clear up another members comment... neurological issues doesn't care what age you are. Neither do tumours, though they are more common in dogs over 3 yrs of age.

Personally, I think this sounds more like spondylosis or DM.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you KACO BOXERS.What is a thoracic radiographs.Also do you think the best test would be a M R I...after the vet ( neurology) .looks at him..I read that it was not good to give boxers Acepromazine for the anesthesia.Do you agree with that.THANK YOU AGAIN🐕⏩

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
I wouldn't jump to seeing a neurologist just yet. Have a lateral view X-ray of his spine... any vet can tell you if spondylosis is present. If it isn't do the DM test. If that comes back clear then get a referral to a neurologist.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took him to the neurologist. Very bad news .He has a tumor ,the vet said a large one on the left side of his brain.This is affecting just about everything.This esophagus is diaalated,so he cannot eat good.the tumor is so big ,it is pressing on is spinal cord .I will pick him up this afternoon .bring him home for a day or so .I will take to his vet ,so he can go to heaven and be with his daddy that he loved so much.I will miss him so much.he was the best dog the best.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leaving to go get Fritz from the specialty vet care center.Talked to Vet , this morning and he did eat some food.the vet said he was still a happy dog ,that his little stub of tail ,would just go and go when they talked to him.So I am putting on my big girl pants ,going to try not to lose it when I get there.even though my heart will be breaking into a million pieces. Everyone please pray for us.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts