Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put Fritz down .was one of the hardest things I ever did.he could not keep food or meds down.even when he was so sick,he tried to get out side to throw up. He could not stand up .I talked to him all the way to vets.told him that when he woke up he would see his daddy .and they would be togheter again.He has missed my husband since he passed last year.even to the point that I had to move pictures of him off tables .as he would see the picture and start crying.the vet did not think he was in pain.even when I took him in.Said he was young to have a brain tumor. I will miss him so much.he was such a loving dog .but these last days he leaned against me most of the time .or would put his head in my lap,and sleep.I slept with him on couch ,the last few weeks as he could not jump up or down off my bed.The house is so silent now.no barking at mailman,squirrels, people walking on sidewalk.no sounds of playing with dogs on both sides of me .none of that boxer so happy to see you .that they run around the house when you come in.None of the get my leash my walking guy is here for my walk.This is so sad .Will I ever stop crying⏩⏩

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am so, so sorry! It will be a year in November that we lost our Doberman Mace. Our boxer Valkyrie has so many of his traits that we feel she is his reincarnation and that helps so much. Just keep the happy memories of him in you mind ❤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Oh I'm sorry ... it sounds like you've had a rough couple of years. Hmm despite my recent break down when I tried to go to Shelter to get a rescue ... I will still say ... it will get better with time.

Are you dogless now??? I never thought about it but in the past I at least always still had a dog at home. And yeah even though my Struddell took the laughter with her when she crossed over ... I still had my GSD and now ... sigh ... I don't have him either. :(

Still ... this my help it's what my Struddell "said" when she had to leave us. :
http://www.boxerforums.com/1428441-post1.html

Maybe it help, take care.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. You were as lucky to have Fritz in your life as Fritz was to have you. It sounds like there was a huge amount of love in your house, and that a rare gift. Be good to yourself during these hard days.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Hurley went to the rainbow bridge last Thurs. He was 8 and had a sudden onset of Spleen and Liver Cancer.
We miss him so much
8... crap!!! I'm so sorry ... I so luv Boxers ... but long life spans ... does not seem to be there thing. Sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I 'm sorry for the lose you suffered. But to be very frank. I would rather say that you must move ahead and get a new companion. Why not go for a rescue dog. I too have suffered a loss of my 11 n half year old dachshund breed dog. She was so loving that we can not live without her. But getting a rescued dog helped us a lot to recover as they are so loving and are so adorable that you can not even live without them.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I 'm sorry for the lose you suffered. But to be very frank. I would rather say that you must move ahead and get a new companion. Why not go for a rescue dog. I too have suffered a loss of my 11 n half year old dachshund breed dog. She was so loving that we can not live without her. But getting a rescued dog helped us a lot to recover as they are so loving and are so adorable that you can not even live without them.
Sorry for your loss and I guess it's kinda obvious ... but did you get a Boxer????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No dog yet got sick.have been looking at rescue site's. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
No dog yet got sick.have been looking at rescue site's. Hopefully soon.
As am I but no Boxers near me??? :(

I give good advice but don't often follow it??? That said opening your home to a foster is an idea as is just getting a puppy and call it a day. No sad eyes to look at. I still have not been able to get past that barrier ... I have not been able to go to my local pound yet. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts