Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a recipe last summer and then tweaked it a bit and discovered a great, cheap and healthy way to give Bruce a treat that will also cool him off and take more than 2 seconds to eat...these things last about as long as it takes him to eat one of those jumbones, but costs next to nothing.

take a muffin pan and fill each cup with dry dog food
fill each cup with hot water and let sit a few minutes until it soaks in
then add either cold water or low sodium broth to fill the cups back up
pop them in the freezer

once they're frozen, run a bit of water on the back of the pan and the treats will pop right out.  I then drop them into sandwich bags and toss them back in the freezer.  Keeps them separate adn easy to handle and you can reuse the bags.  I usually make about 2 dozen at a time.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel loves ice cubes, I bet she would really like these  :) Thanks

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Another one is take organic yogurt fill ice cube trays - Mae doggie treat cubes.

I have also taken banana, smashed it into ice cube trays then take peanut butter on top - freeze - yum-a-roo!!

Thnks for the idea - will have to try.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have mixed peanut butter and plain yogurt together, put in the ice cube tray, frozen them and given them to Allie.  She loves them and they are a good summer time treat.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I make a variation on these I fill cups with chicken or beef broth and add celery or carrot "sticks" and freeze them but I omit the dry dog food since my girlys dont eat it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts