Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was ok for my baby to eat blue berries,banana's strawberries, grapes, peaches, pomegranit, and other fruits, she also got into a stew with potatoes, peas, corn, and dumplings(plus the meat) but I am really worried about her I can't get a vet appt till friday she seams fine but I am really worried...what a dog!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Stick with apples, berries, bananas, and seedless watermelon.  No grapes. Oranges are ok in moderation but also have a lot of citric acid so can upset bellies.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm not sure about the strawberries or pomegranite? Grapes are a definite no-no. You may be dealing with some diarreah and upset tummy issues later on.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh NO!!! ok no grapes I made a fruit salad to night for the kids and she ate the whole bowl :( now I get to sit up all night and keep her from pooping in the house yay me! she also just got an apple from my daughter grrrrr kids and dog what am I going to do lol. Thanks for all the help!! wish me luck. what about the stew is that ok for her or should I be really worried about that too?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Theres nothing that bad in the stew that would harm the dog.

The grapes are a BIG no no.

We had a chihuahua that we gave 2 grapes to one day, not the brightest idea we ever had, woke up to a smelly cage! lol hope everything goes well for the dog though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol thanks taking her out every 15 min hope that works!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, apples are fine...so are bananas...poor you...what are you guys gonna eat now that the dog ate your dinner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scooby likes a lot bananas, apples (skinless is best), pears, papaya (great for sensible stomachs) and melon
really a mouthwatering with apples, pears and papaya

just stay away of grapes...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
All berries are fine, most fruit is fine.  

Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure.

The only thing I would worry about in the stew is the salt.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well last night was good no accidents she did very well if she had to go she let me know and all i did was let her out the back door....she is ok today thought she probly only got 2-3 grapes so i think its all good she has a vet appt on friday so if their is something hopefully they notice it...also I don't use salt in my soups so its all good there but thanks good to know just in case christmas is comming and my family said its ok to bring her to christmas dinner so have to tell people no salt,grapes,rasins,and probly cranberries or cherries right? any way just thought i would let you all know she did really well and now i know its a big nono on some fruit.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad she's ok, you would probably notice by now if she was having any problems. Oh they do keep us on our toes, don't they?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts