Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our female boxer just turned a year old last month. She seems healthy, looks muscular, etc, except she is just small. Her back maybe comes up to my knee.

People comment all the time "how old is your puppy?" While a year old is still young, shouldn't boxers be much bigger at this age?

We have been feeding her Blue Buffalo puppy food and gets fed a good portion twice a day. I've read boxers can grow up until 18 months, but she has been the same size for probably the past 4-5 months. Is the window closed for more growth? Anything we can do? We are ok with her being the size she is, but to be frank, if we are going to have a boxer, we'd like her to at least look like a boxer in terms of size.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I think she will mostly fill out now and put on a few lbs. When Kai was 1 he was still pretty small and although I really didn't notice he still grew taller and filled out more I think he put on another 10 lbs after that. He is about 25 inches the shoulder, and 73 lbs. Females are typically a bit shorter maybe 21 inches and maybe about 60 lbs. but they all vary in in size and weight. Don't give up on her size but she probably will be on the smaller size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts