Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier I had my first flirt pole session with Layla. Boy was it fun for me and her. I kept it relatively low key and no jumping since she is only 11 1/2 weeks old. She had a good workout in 10-15 minutes. After the session she had a bath and then she immediately went for a deep nap. Man I wished I had known about flirt poles a few years ago when I owned Dobermans. Would have worked awesome back when I was working a demanding job and thought I didn't have time to exercise them after shift. BTW I used materials I had on hand to make the flirt pole: an old (short) fishing pole, twine and one of my old socks. When she gets bigger I will build a more robust pole so she can really jump and stuff.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun and a great idea! I think I'll make one for my two. Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah lemme tell you it was fun. Check out the various vids of flirt poles online. I'm gonna make a portable spring pole for her next.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a flirt pole all the time with mine. They will go 100 percent for 20 minutes or so. Great workout I just use a long whip with a piece of a rag tied on the end works great and they go nuts over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts