Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this today....I live in an area that is real big on having "honor student" bumper stickers...

So, Yeah I think it would be kind of funny :) :twisted:  :wink:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOVE IT!

We just bought this one a little while back

We have one like this on our fence

And we are going to order this one for the gate... AND the front bedroom window (it comes in a window sticker too  :D  :D )

G

·
0 Posts
Just a note to the wise...when you have a "beware of dog sign" it means you know your dog is something to beware of...and if it were to bite, it would be held as a vicious dog and be put down...at least that's what it used to be here in Kalamazoo

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I think of them as "joke" signs. They're meant to be cute... that's why they also make them for chi's and wiener dogs... etc. lol Though if it keeps the bad guys away! Sounds good to me! I saw on People's Court that this pitbull attacked another dog at the front door... they didn't lose because they had a BEWARE OF DOG sign. Of course that's another dog and not a person. I was surprised though by the outcome since we watch it all the time and people on "that end" always lose... well normally.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
there is a law ...although not sure if its federal..in Massachusetts we had to post beware of dog signs at all entrances like doors, fence gates etc...
and if signs were there and someone walked INTO ( not just near) your yard or house and was bit or attacked its legal b/c they were pre warned..& YES
this includes the post man, ups, fed ex, sherriff etc...this also covers a person sticking their hand IN the fence and getting bit..b/c there is a CLEARLY
posted warning..

no matter where we live i ALWAYS post on all entrances to the house...so now we have one on front gate and one on back gate...people that we know like
the mailman whos the same one weve had for 2 yrs even here at the new house(same guy b/c we are 3 blocks over)..he knows the dogs arent mean...but like
the maintenance people, lawn ninjas ( lawn care lol), fix it people etc..let them think they are mean...its ok with me..they dont belong in my yard if im not out there...
and the dogs are never outside if we are not home...

yes it does make people think the dogs are mean BUT who cares...less chance of getting robbed,assaulted etc..and it lets people KNOW
that you have dogs big enough and they might want to heed the warning..most any person will not pass the sign and say ahh who cares.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
LMAO !!! i just made this hubby wants to go laminate it and use it hahahahhaa

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
yes they are a warning to people that may want to come in the house or yard without you knowing it ....they cant sue you if you
have a clear warning sign there..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I saw that bumper sticker before Sharon, thought it would look great after seeing all the ones for kids.....Ky, if I saw that sign hanging on a fence of Isis, I would run in the opposite direction :lol:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
[quote="sharonL\";p=\"54997":260cxm44]I found this today....I live in an area that is real big on having "honor student" bumper stickers...

So, Yeah I think it would be kind of funny :) :twisted:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is the same thing here with the signs....There was actually information on it with our Home Owners Policy that, if you have a dog (no certain kind) they want you to post a dog sign....If someone comes onto your property and gets a bite of course anybody can sue for anything these days, but it is in your favor to be able to say "I had a big old sign right there"....Not all dogs are put down for bites, it all depends on the situation surrounding it....

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahah thats why i chose that pic of Isis ..normally i dont like it b/c its the angle and she looks evil...if you look at any other pic of her she doesnt look like that lol its the blue eyes i think and the angle she was at..

and uhmm ya Alexa todays monday so creepy lawn ninja guy should be around..i need to put up that sign real quick haahahhahaaaaaaaaaaa...

Sharon that bumper sticker is a RIOT ! i have that somewhere in my pics ..or one jsut like it different colors tht i saved to find one b/c people are realllyyyyyyyyyy into the honor student thing here too..hmm probably b/c the school system is sooooooooooo bad ..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts