Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That's interesting for sure I have never tried to have three I have considered it though. Then I have a "lets get real" talk! Its not the dog care that frightens me its the Vet care! I have had some tremendous refinance the house kind of Vet bills so I would be leery of that. I would love having 3 dogs though I am happiest when I am around my dogs. I have few human friends so that's ok I trust my dogs a whole lot more anyway! Plus the friends that I do have don't understand why I don't want to go places or away and its because of the dogs my dogs have never been boarded I just know no one would take care of them the way I do. They are so special to me and yes I have them in my bed too! They don't crowd too bad but sometimes there is a struggle for covers. I have a friend who has 3 boxers they are kinda pack like though she has a male and female and their daughter dog but the male seems to be in charge. My dogs see me as the leader of the house they always look to me first if something is going on they don't understand.
Love this. Don't think I could ever board my dog either. I have some rules at home which I stand by. She can't come in our bedroom, needs to stay out the kitchen while we're cooking. Needs to go to her place when we're sitting down and eating at the table - BUT our bond is so special. I used to look at dog people and think they were all crazy for literally loving their pets - now I am that guy and can't even imgine going away and leaving her with someone else. My only regret is that I took so long to get a dog and to experience having a dog as part of our family pack at home.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We have 3 boys. Two were littermates - I guess we've been lucky as I've heard that can be bad, but we've never had an issue. They are 6 years old now- brindle and fawn.

They have always got along well. Jax, brindle, is the alpha; and Tundra, fawn, is a big love bug timid boy.

About 2.5 years ago we added Bandit, reverse brindle. He was a puppy and they've all acclimated well. Jax keeps things in line.

Jax has become dog selective in his later years so a puppy is best for him. Jax has always been pretty active and likes to play more than Tundra. He's more assertive by far. Every now and then Bandit will do something that Jax will correct him on when they are playing, but that is a different growl/sound. They wrestle and play, but nothing meant to harm each other.

Tundra will play with Bandit sometimes, Tundra is kind of lazy in comparison to the other two boys. Maybe twice a year Tundra has a toy that he doesn't want one of the other two to take and he'll growl a little, but he never snaps.

I have a friend who has has multiple breeds and sexes over the years- always with 2+ dogs at a time. She says the males always tend to get along better, and the females almost always want to be in charge.

I'm certain there are exceptions, but from this forum and people I've talked to, it seems that one female in the mix is usually OK.

We had a bad experience with a female we wanted to adopt, so my husband is not open to other female dogs. To me it's the breed and the specific dog's personality. The joking side of me says it's really because I'm all the female they can tolerate in the house. LOL

I've also heard that having 3 dogs can be bad because they can form a pack and have issues listening to us. We don't have issues with this. I don't know if it's because my husband and I make sure they know we are the leaders...or we got lucky....or we train them well.....

We don't have many people over either, some because people are allergic, some because as we get older we don't seem to socialize that much.....it works for us.

Our boys have a doggie door and free roam most of the house and they sleep with us. They are mostly spoiled, but trained to the key things that we require. I couldn't imagine having only one....but it would be nice to have a bit more space on the bed. :)
They look great. This makes me want more haha!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Love this. Don't think I could ever board my dog either. I have some rules at home which I stand by. She can't come in our bedroom, needs to stay out the kitchen while we're cooking. Needs to go to her place when we're sitting down and eating at the table - BUT our bond is so special. I used to look at dog people and think they were all crazy for literally loving their pets - now I am that guy and can't even imgine going away and leaving her with someone else. My only regret is that I took so long to get a dog and to experience having a dog as part of our family pack at home.

Sorry she is in heat, I know that is hard to deal with keeping her in so much but you are doing such a wonderful job with her and I am so glad you have her in your life. Its always fun having more than one dog as long as there isn't too much jealousy. When I got my male my female was a little green around the gills for a bit but she got over it and she loves her brother now they don't like to be separated at all and they wash each others faces like cats do! Its finally fall and cold around here which I love so we get to stay out on our walks for a couple hours now so its been so much nicer. I introduced my male to wearing a coat for the first time he wasn't too please with it but got used to it. I usually coat them when it gets in the 20's and the wind is blowing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sitting here watching Thor, my 7 mo rescued Boxer, try and bite dust particles in the sunlight beam shining through the front storm door...for the last 15 minutes. At least he seems to be able to be focused on a task at hand!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am sitting here watching Thor, my 7 mo rescued Boxer, try and bite dust particles in the sunlight beam shining through the front storm door...for the last 15 minutes. At least he seems to be able to be focused on a task at hand!
Hahaaa!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
. I have a friend who has 3 boxers they are kinda pack like though she has a male and female and their daughter dog but the male seems to be in charge.
Wait what??? 3 Boxers a male and two Females?? And they are mother and daughter?? And no "issues," that is pretty remarkable in my Book! How old is the younger female???

My dogs see me as the leader of the house they always look to me first if something is going on they don't understand.
Ideally for the most part ... that is what you want!! :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lol. Thats a new one for me.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts

Question to star, is this your first dog as an Adult?? And did "you" train her??? I'm just asking you don't seem to have any of the typical "newbie questions or issues??? So you know what's the deal??? :)

For me it was an "accident" I lost my first Boxer/APBT, and at the time ... I could not find another??? And in as much as I already had a Band Dawg (Bull Mastiff/APBT/Lab) cross?? I wanted a dog that had more of my Stewies, personality?? And I was pretty sure what made him Unique??? Had to be from the Boxer??? And yep ... I was right! Now of course my Struddell was a "She" and not a "He??" And that did prove to be a bit more of a uh challenge??? But "nonetheless" after having had my "Struddell," I fell with the girl Boxers!

But for you why a Boxer??? And you do seem to have established a good set of "Rules/Structure and Limitations. :)

And I would dare to say while your "House Rules" are not really "extreme" it's still more than most of us follow??? On GSDForum, no Dog's in the bedroom is most likely the "Norm" for those without issues??? :)

But on here ... I would guess, not so much??? For me at home ... Struddell's, rule structure and limitations, were pretty limited??? Most of the hard core rule's revolved around uh keeping her safe form making Poor choices and doing stupid stuff???

LOL "On the Lawn!" For one in order to keep her from walking or driving off, with uh ... Anyone! :)

No car or door Bolting, uh ever!!! And a solid recall, sigh something I can't accomplish, so far, apparently??? And no barking without a good reason in the back yard!! As in if my neighbors, never see them ... they would not even know I had dog's!!

Now the kitchen thing and potential begging??? I can't recall that ever being an issue??? With her Gunther and most certainly "Not" Rocky (WL GSD!) But Struddell , I can't really recall?? Cuz now as time has passed without her. I can only recall her being perfect. :)

But you know my question is "Why a Boxer" for you??? Oh and just as a head's up. If you decide down the road to add another Boxer??? And it would best if it were "male." And ... additionally, if you happen to get an American Line Boxer and not another Euro?? I think you'll be in for a slightly different experience??? :)

And the Boarding thing??? Yeah, my Struddell, and Gunther were only Kenneled once, in 10 years?? And then Rocky and Struddell together once. And each time at the same Kennel. For a weekend, I told them they are to be together and "No other Dog's!"

So in about 15 years total, that happened twice?? Cuz I trust "no one!" And it took my life time friends "Kid's Wedding" to get me to leave my dog's!! And other than ... local visit with friends, were limited to three hours max??? Now granted my dog's were fine at home by themselves. As when Marilyn and I were "working" normal job's??" They did spend more time than that at home alone daily for years, anyway.

But you know ... if I had a choice in the matter about three hours away from them was my limit??? Cuz you know if my dog's can't go?? (And truthfully ... I never asked my friends anyway) then I'm not going either! :)

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Lol. Thats a new one for me.
Add me to never seeing that one either! Course my Struddell, did not much care for rain! And she would try and dodge "Rain Drops!!" Yeah that never worked and she would give it up and get on with our walk. But Rain and wind, were never her favorites times of year!!

But I gotta say ... All Weather Dog's! LOL, WL GSD yo!! All weather search and research rescue! Weather does not matter! High wind's, sub zero temperatures, blinding rain ... it did not matter!! Rocky and I would go for walks in the absolute worst of conditions!! And he never noticed?? It was "amazing!" And yeah ... on those harsh weather outing's ... never a loose dog encounter to be had!! That was "amazing!" :)

But ... Boxer's and just "freezing cold weather??" "You" have to exercise common sense! Cuz they will not, Boxer's are not, "All Weather Dog's!" But they do seem to Luv, Snow and the cold! And they won't stop having fun, in it apparently?? But as a general rule, 20 to 30 minutes, in under 32 degree's ... is about all that they can take without damage! So you know ... you have to exercise some kinda "common Sense" for them. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Add me to never seeing that one either! Course my Struddell, did not much care for rain! And she would try and dodge "Rain Drops!!" Yeah that never worked and she would give it up and get on with our walk. But Rain and wind, were never her favorites times of year!!

But I gotta say ... All Weather Dog's! LOL, WL GSD yo!! All weather search and research rescue! Weather does not matter! High wind's, sub zero temperatures, blinding rain ... it did not matter!! Rocky and I would go for walks in the absolute worst of conditions!! And he never noticed?? It was "amazing!" And yeah ... on those harsh weather outing's ... never a loose dog encounter to be had!! That was "amazing!" :)

But ... Boxer's and just "freezing cold weather??" "You" have to exercise common sense! Cuz they will not, Boxer's are not, "All Weather Dog's!" But they do seem to Luv, Snow and the cold! And they won't stop having fun, in it apparently?? But as a general rule, 20 to 30 minutes, in under 32 degree's ... is about all that they can take without damage! So you know ... you have to exercise some kinda "common Sense" for them. :)
Good general rule for the cold, but I think my guy is a reincarnated Malamute. lol He will spend a couple hours out in the snow. I'm with him, its not unsupervised, check his paws, ears, ect. but he absolutely loves cold weather. Its been in the 30-40s here the last 2 days and he can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Good general rule for the cold, but I think my guy is a reincarnated Malamute. lol He will spend a couple hours out in the snow. I'm with him, its not unsupervised, check his paws, ears, ect. but he absolutely loves cold weather. Its been in the 30-40s here the last 2 days and he can't get enough of it.
LOL hours??? At slightly below freezing??? I can't say, I'm that surprised??

But as a general rule "Boxer's do lack "Common Sense" to some degree?? If I took Struddell out in below freezing (rarely) I would usually wear something light if just not a T-shirt! And when I was too cold ... it was time to take her in. :)

With "Rocky" by contrast I'd wear a "Snow Mobile Suit" and a Sweater!! And our record here was 13 degrees below Zero and he did not care! Struddell was seriously ticked off that time! But I could not take her out in that weather ... so she had to "deal with it at home!" :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
LOL hours??? At slightly below freezing??? I can't say, I'm that surprised??

But as a general rule "Boxer's do lack "Common Sense" to some degree?? If I took Struddell out in below freezing (rarely) I would usually wear something light if just not a T-shirt! And when I was too cold ... it was time to take her in. :)

With "Rocky" by contrast I'd wear a "Snow Mobile Suit" and a Sweater!! And our record here was 13 degrees below Zero and he did not care! Struddell was seriously ticked off that time! But I could not take her out in that weather ... so she had to "deal with it at home!" :)
Last year we had the Polar Vortex come down in January I think. The high was like 10. The wind was blowing at least 20, he thought it was the greatest thing. I actually had to drag him in because I couldn't take it. lol

I'm not sure why it doesn't affect him, I'm always conscious of checking him, but he does fine, not a shiver or anything. No coat or vest for him. If anything he over heats very quickly, I'm more cautious in the summer

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
In the cold snow and ice ... that was my observation also??? High, "winds" bothered Struddell, more than cold/snow and ice???

And heat high??? Well that was just weird??? As I had to call it quits with Bunny Rabbit Chasing in 90+, degree heat??? But she was an American Line and as as such had a longer narrower muzzle. And I guess they just breathed better at high elevation, than there shorter muzzled Euro counter parts did???

It was something I never thought about at time?? It was just something she/we did. So much like the cold and ice, I had to decide when it was time to call it quits?? Cuz any kind of "Common Sense" was not one of her high points. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Question to star, is this your first dog as an Adult?? And did "you" train her??? I'm just asking you don't seem to have any of the typical "newbie questions or issues??? So you know what's the deal??? :)

For me it was an "accident" I lost my first Boxer/APBT, and at the time ... I could not find another??? And in as much as I already had a Band Dawg (Bull Mastiff/APBT/Lab) cross?? I wanted a dog that had more of my Stewies, personality?? And I was pretty sure what made him Unique??? Had to be from the Boxer??? And yep ... I was right! Now of course my Struddell was a "She" and not a "He??" And that did prove to be a bit more of a uh challenge??? But "nonetheless" after having had my "Struddell," I fell with the girl Boxers!

But for you why a Boxer??? And you do seem to have established a good set of "Rules/Structure and Limitations. :)

And I would dare to say while your "House Rules" are not really "extreme" it's still more than most of us follow??? On GSDForum, no Dog's in the bedroom is most likely the "Norm" for those without issues??? :)

But on here ... I would guess, not so much??? For me at home ... Struddell's, rule structure and limitations, were pretty limited??? Most of the hard core rule's revolved around uh keeping her safe form making Poor choices and doing stupid stuff???

LOL "On the Lawn!" For one in order to keep her from walking or driving off, with uh ... Anyone! :)

No car or door Bolting, uh ever!!! And a solid recall, sigh something I can't accomplish, so far, apparently??? And no barking without a good reason in the back yard!! As in if my neighbors, never see them ... they would not even know I had dog's!!

Now the kitchen thing and potential begging??? I can't recall that ever being an issue??? With her Gunther and most certainly "Not" Rocky (WL GSD!) But Struddell , I can't really recall?? Cuz now as time has passed without her. I can only recall her being perfect. :)

But you know my question is "Why a Boxer" for you??? Oh and just as a head's up. If you decide down the road to add another Boxer??? And it would best if it were "male." And ... additionally, if you happen to get an American Line Boxer and not another Euro?? I think you'll be in for a slightly different experience??? :)

And the Boarding thing??? Yeah, my Struddell, and Gunther were only Kenneled once, in 10 years?? And then Rocky and Struddell together once. And each time at the same Kennel. For a weekend, I told them they are to be together and "No other Dog's!"

So in about 15 years total, that happened twice?? Cuz I trust "no one!" And it took my life time friends "Kid's Wedding" to get me to leave my dog's!! And other than ... local visit with friends, were limited to three hours max??? Now granted my dog's were fine at home by themselves. As when Marilyn and I were "working" normal job's??" They did spend more time than that at home alone daily for years, anyway.

But you know ... if I had a choice in the matter about three hours away from them was my limit??? Cuz you know if my dog's can't go?? (And truthfully ... I never asked my friends anyway) then I'm not going either! :)
Hi Chip18. Yes this is my first ever dog, however, I researched breeds for about 12 months before making my final choice of a Boxer.

The characteristics of the Boxer matched perfectly for me and my family. And with me being a bit of a fitness fanatic I knew I'd be able to exercise her enough to keep her out of trouble at home. A tired dog, is a happy chilled out dog!

Training wise my idea was to have a dog that didn't do all the fancy stuff, but was great at the basics which allow me to keep her safe and have confidence with her inside and outside the home.

After the usual sit, down, leave, and drop type commands I wanted to really test her to see how well she could resist her natural instincts and urges if i gave a command.

I knew she was special when I could give her a bowl of her favourite food, then while she was eating it I could say SIT and she would stop eating and sit by the bowl waiting for me to give the OK!

I also wanted her to look to me whenever anything odd happened or she was frightened or unsure. So for weeks I always had tiny treats on me, and every time she looked at me while we were out and about or at home I'd reward. Being able to get your dogs attention and to snap them out of something dodgy or dangerous - gives you a split second to give another command. So now I say her name and she looks instantly - this has even worked when she is in full sprint chasing a squirrel.

I also only give commands once, it's really hard to do (instead of quickly repeating sit sit sit sit SIT).

I think dogs get used to your approach. If you usually say it 5 times they will wait for the fifth command to complete the action - I might be wrong but I say it once and wait until she does it.

I read a lot about dog training and use that and common sense to try to guide my personal approach, and what works for me and my family.

I'm absolutely loving this journey as a dog owner.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Hi Chip18. Yes this is my first ever dog, however, I researched breeds for about 12 months before making my final choice of a Boxer.

The characteristics of the Boxer matched perfectly for me and my family. And with me being a bit of a fitness fanatic I knew I'd be able to exercise her enough to keep her out of trouble at home. A tired dog, is a happy chilled out dog!

Training wise my idea was to have a dog that didn't do all the fancy stuff, but was great at the basics which allow me to keep her safe and have confidence with her inside and outside the home.

After the usual sit, down, leave, and drop type commands I wanted to really test her to see how well she could resist her natural instincts and urges if i gave a command.

I knew she was special when I could give her a bowl of her favourite food, then while she was eating it I could say SIT and she would stop eating and sit by the bowl waiting for me to give the OK!

I also wanted her to look to me whenever anything odd happened or she was frightened or unsure. So for weeks I always had tiny treats on me, and every time she looked at me while we were out and about or at home I'd reward. Being able to get your dogs attention and to snap them out of something dodgy or dangerous - gives you a split second to give another command. So now I say her name and she looks instantly - this has even worked when she is in full sprint chasing a squirrel.

I also only give commands once, it's really hard to do (instead of quickly repeating sit sit sit sit SIT).

I think dogs get used to your approach. If you usually say it 5 times they will wait for the fifth command to complete the action - I might be wrong but I say it once and wait until she does it.

I read a lot about dog training and use that and common sense to try to guide my personal approach, and what works for me and my family.

I'm absolutely loving this journey as a dog owner.

LOL, well it's all outstanding! And your dog sounds a lot like, sigh "my other dogs" as the saying goes.

And yep in the beginning, I also did a lot of research before I got my first "Band Dawg" as that is what I wanted and that and is what I got! But they are basically a Molossler (Bully) Breed as is a Boxer. And losing my first APBT/Boxer much to soon ... led me to "Boxer's!" Pretty much a natural match as it were. :)

By contrast my first foray into the World of GSD'?? Was uh a "Big furry dog with a pointy face??" Yeah that did not work out to well for a bit ...but hey "Stitches" and all in the long run ... it worked out fine. :)

But back on point and "nothing I ever thought about??" Cuz I guess I just "assumed" ... "all dog's do that???" IE ... "Look at me??"

II had always "just" assumed "all dogs did that???" But as I know now ... "apparently not???" And apparently "that" is exactly how I called my Struddell
"off" chasing the wrong Bunnies! Cuz, if the Bunny ran towards the Mountains, North and not South Hwy ... I did not care. But one day a stupid Bunny, ran south and not north and Struddell was gone!!!

And the Hwy that was about 1/2 a mile away, was pretty close at 30 some odd mph's!! And she was gone! And my heart sank!!!

I called and called and got nothing! And headed back to the car to try searching. And "the rest of the story" ... well true to form, the Rabbit had at some point before the Hwy ditched her ... they always did! And true to form, again she lost it??? And apparently she had headed back to the car also! It took everything I had to keep from screaming at her!! But I kept cool and you know ... now I knew!

And so the next time and unbeknownst to me, at the time?? But to your point with "look at me," that is "exactly how I got her chasing under control. Cept, I used "NO" as first the command! And it always meant "Stop" what you are doing! And it would also cause her to "Look at me, freeze and await further instructions???"

LOL and it worked but yeah it always caused her some lost time. I would "freeze" her where she was and I would see which way the Bunny Broke?? If it headed towards the Mountains it was "Game On!' And if not ... forget that one, we'll try again. It was not like she would have caught them anyway???

As the chasing game was always the same. The bunny's would try and burn her off on the straights, and that would never work as she kept keeping closer and closer ... within two Boxer lengths was the norm.

And they would "always" break "hard Right into the brush and then back down the straight! And Struddell would track the hard right like a guided missile and then lose them??? I would watch Struddell, track back and forth as she switched from sight to scent in the brush??? And I watched the Bunny sail into the distance on the straight. LOL, even after years of countless Bunny chases ... it happened all the time!! She, never figured it out??? Goofy dog. :)

So well that is all great and all, it was apparently based around something I did and did not know I was doing at all??? As it was based on hand picked prim Donna puppies as it were??? "look at me" was something I never, though about?? I just "assumed" it was given, all dog's do that??? And now with my new dog?? I am finding lot's of faults with me!!

As my new dog has "No Recall!" At all still, but I understand "now" it's not her it's me! And it all get's back to "Bella" my/our new APBT/Boxer mix and the fact that "She" is not a "He." And that fact caused a lot of "issues with me."

So being kinda shallow apparently, you know it's time for me to start learning from others. Cuz, clearly "She" is not going anywhere. Thanks for sharing. :)

Oh but one more point and Boxer specif, I tend to think they are "almost" a perfect 10 as a "Family Dog!"

One can not be a totally clueless and un-involved owner with a Boxer kids ie "Toddlers however???"

One has to have "some degree" of control over a "Boxer's" antic's because as we all should know, "Toddler's Wobble" but they do fall down! And a typical Boxer's high speed, jumping, punching and spinning around ... is very likely to send a toddler spinning, and falling down???

But that is certainly a far cry from a badly controlled, WL GSD or a Mal?? Craving a toddler up like a Turkey???

I know for a "Fact" that under carefully controlled conditions ... "MY" WL GSD did not like "Toddler's! :confused:

Nonetheless, he was a "Solid Dog and Well Trained!" And when confronted once in an out of site "Place!" At a client's home ... Cuz you know "Crap Happens!??" He broke "Place" and "Walked Away!"

As a "child" is not a threat, he felt?? But I don't like them?? And I am not suppose to move??? But I am also not suppose to bite a kid??? And "No Daddy" on site" So my call?? I guess I should "break command" and "Walk Away??"

I was both stunned and relived as bolted out the back door! Fully expecting to see a scene of "horror??" But I saw first the "Toddler" unmarked and not "Rocky" so where was he??? I then looked again and saw him about 15 yards away from said "Toddler!" :)

It was the "Right Call" on his part! And "proved" that the best thing for the "Unexpected" is a "Well Trained Dog!"

I luv'd my WL GSD, but I'll let others say how great they are as a "Family Pet???" :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey Chip, My friends dogs I told you about the male and two female boxers, they are from the same person I got my male from I lost to DCM, the young female is his sister and so she is about 5 and the mother dog is 6 I think she says there is no problem with fighting or anything everyone is spayed/neutered too. On the cold thing its been pretty cold here for a few days was like 20 degree windchill my dogs were loving it! They were running and playing for all they had in them they do prefer the cold we didn't do much this year when it was so hot but they are loving the outside right now. I was doing some yard projects today so they had a good time doing their other favorite thing which is sunbathing they just love that.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Hey Chip, My friends dogs I told you about the male and two female boxers, they are from the same person I got my male from I lost to DCM, the young female is his sister and so she is about 5 and the mother dog is 6 I think she says there is no problem with fighting or anything everyone is spayed/neutered too. On the cold thing its been pretty cold here for a few days was like 20 degree windchill my dogs were loving it! They were running and playing for all they had in them they do prefer the cold we didn't do much this year when it was so hot but they are loving the outside right now. I was doing some yard projects today so they had a good time doing their other favorite thing which is sunbathing they just love that.
Ok, but anytime
"now" I see two females??? I'm gonna ask questions. As thus far breaking uh "all my rules" has led to "issue's" Nothing really bad I suppose?? But I'm kinda sorta used to doing better then "Good Enough!" :)

And the cold, LOL, yeah for the most part, they do seem to Luv the cold and snow??? Still "Boots" or "Mushers Secret" at the minimum would be good idea if they do a lot of sidewalk, walking in the winter. Struddell never sunbathed in the winter time??? She tended to prefer full heat, 90 plus on, concrete in the "Summer Time???" I always had to call her in! Goofy dog. :)

But the scariest, Boxer's I have ever seen were both females! And one of them was mine, twice with Struddell. Unusual circumstances granted both times, but it was a display of fury and aggression, one does not forget!

And the other was another Boxer Female, with Dog Aggression, safely behind a fence and on leash!! And she never made a sound!! But she stared at "Rocky (116 lbs) of Wl GSD ... like he was "Raw Meat!!"

That was not a "Boxer" you'd want to run across on a Walk!" I was stunned??? So boxer Rescue Policy of no Female Boxer to homes with one Female Boxer is not "something" I am eager to test???

Cuz my female "Boxer/APBT" has a lot of Boxer traits?? And I don't want to find out if "Female Aggression" is one of them??? And you know it's not like a White Male Boxer, is the end of the world. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have had 3 female boxers now the first one was extremely protective of the home and car not people friendly and not dog friendly my second female was a very loving dog not people friendly (except for a few people) very dog aggressive but would allow me to babysit my friends puppy for her while she was at work (also a boxer female) the female I have now LOVES everyone all dogs all people she is the most wonderful and loving girl so I think you can get both things I guess they are as varied as people. I have also had 3 males one aloof one social but reserved and this one I have now very friendly but all the males have been yard protective. I think my female I have now would help someone rob the house but like I said she is the first one I have had like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Police arrest records

So is it really possible to do a Free Background Check using government agencies.
You might not have the exact tools like the CIA but you do have access to records which are maintained by local and state government agencies. Record such as criminal records, property records, financial records like bankruptcies, police arrest records, court records, driving records, professional licenses records, and many others. These records depending on the state can be accessed for free online or you might have to stop by the local courthouse to use a special portal.
Smore.com

41 - 60 of 100 Posts