Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that fall is here it is sweater weather but every time we put one on Gypsy starts to jump on us and try to eat our sleeves.

Has anyone else had this experience?

It would be nice to be able to stay warm without her trying to rip our clothes apart.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Hmm, OK ... I've not heard of this before??? Whatever your process is "now??" She sees this as a game??? In as much as she is deaf ... your gonna "have to use hand signals" ... I would think???

Does she know "Down" and that is a "Hand Signal." That would be your most effective tool to deal with this particular form of "nuttiness" in my opinion???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are using the signals and it is starting to work, I was just wondering if anyone else's does this.

She doesn't want to bit us just the sleeve of the shirts and it doesn't matter the pattern or colour lol

Its just weird but as she has been getting older we have noticed a lot os sillyness with her.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I'd not heard of this situation in particular??? But "Boxers" you know ... kinda of nutty. :)

Stick with basics if the hand signal works for "Down!" Stick with it ... "Down" means "also" ... play time is freaking over back to basics. :)

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
No never had this problem. She probably thinks the longs sleeves are a toy, especially if she watches anyone put their arms through the sleeves and you know the long sleeves move a bit. LOL

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I thought I would update this one, Gypsy still chews on sleves...especially mine but we figured out why...

When I wear sweaters they usually cover my hands and since she is deaf, if my hands are covered than she doesn't know what I want. So to test that theory I rolled my sleeves to just above my wrist and she doesn't chew them.

So, theory correct

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
So I thought I would update this one, Gypsy still chews on sleves...especially mine but we figured out why...

When I wear sweaters they usually cover my hands and since she is deaf, if my hands are covered than she doesn't know what I want. So to test that theory I rolled my sleeves to just above my wrist and she doesn't chew them.

So, theory correct
Never would have thought about that but is certainly makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts