Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know, that Gaby's surgery went very well and she is now back at home and recuperating.....all she wants to do now is sleep, I guess I would to after coming out of surgery :lol: ....I put the comforter off my bed in her crate for her to be extra comfy, because the vet said not to allow her to jump up on the bed or couches for a while....when all was said and done, the whole procedure cost me $165 for the spay,  and $55 for the blood work...I also got her the 6 month supply of revolution at the same time, and that cost me $22 for the heartworm test and $100 for the revolution...this was quite the expensive day for me, oh and to top it off I was out of dog food so that was another $75....it's gonna take me another month to catch up financially :lol:
oh well I don't care, my philosophy is "only the best for my little girl"

oh and one thing I forgot to ask the vet is if it's ok to let her go up and down stairs, or should I carry her up and down?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So glad everything went well for Gaby. I'm not sure about stairs the females that I've had spayed have been full grown and our stairs aren't steep so it hasn't been a problem. I'll be watching for input on this though, Blitzen's appointment is next Thurs and I'm not sure about getting on/off our deck.
Sending Gaby gentle boxer wiggles and healing vibes!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Max was just neutered yesterday and the vet told us NOT to pick him him as this could pull on the sutures.

But I don't know about the girls.

Glad to hear your baby is doing well. Max was so groggy all evening but he was fine this morning. It's amazing how quickly they bounce back.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear that Gaby is recuping well..If the stairs are not real steep or a lot of them, I think she should be fine....Sharon is away this w/end, so hopefully you can get some good advice...I would think picking her up might be worse, like Kalyn said, might pull the stitches out...Healing vibes for Gaby  :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm glad Gaby's surgery went well...I would assume picking her up would be worse, but I'm not sure. I think if you went slow up the stairs she should be okay.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sending healing vibes Gaby's way so she run and play.  I agree with everyone else, picking up might be worse and slow with the steps.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input and healing vibes everyone, Gaby is still feeling quite groggy I'm in the process of trying to convince her to get up to go pee, but I'm not having much luck....it's been quite a few hours since her last pee, so I'm pretty sure she would have to go by now.

G

·
0 Posts
i'm dealing with a spay this week too and she is feeling her oats now on the 3rd day.  i think that's when it gets hairy, especially if you have another boxer in the house.  the boxers in your avatar are GORGEOUS btw!!

i would agree not to pick up if you can.  or scoop her up at the hind and front so nothing gets pulled.

wow that was an expensive visit, but i SO agree 1,000 %, nothing but the best for our babies!!!!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Ahhh get well soon Gaby and hope she is better soon! :)

Glad Star is feeling better now too :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Glad to hear that her surgery went well. Good luck trying to keep her calm and less active until she's healed.  :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Gaby hasen't eaten anything or had any water since she got home yesterday...I hope she will have something soon, I wouldn't want her to get dehidrated....

also this is kinda weird, earlier today she just got up and started to pee on the floor...do they have to pee more during recovery?....she also had peed in her crate this morning and then came over and nudged me to wake up...I hope this will not become a regular occurance and is just related to the recovery process....anyone else experience this??

G

·
0 Posts
star had several accidents after spaying.   maybe the shock to their system gives them temporary incontinence?  they are still so out of it for a few days.'

star wouldn't eat or drink for 2 days.  scared the crap out of me!!!  i gave her droppers full of water to keep her mouth moist.  she was vomiting small amounts too.

by the third day she was on the road to getting back to normal.  no more pee accidents either.

she was so sweet and even when she couldn't hold it, she'd go to the back door and pee on the tile.  a couple times she peed while walking there.

your baby will get back to normal in a few days

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks grammie, good to know....I guess Dad's just getting a little worried :lol:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
How's Gaby doing now?

Max had 2 episodes of incontinence after his neuter surgery but has been fine since the following morning. It's harder on the girls, though. I was just wondering if she is fine now?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear Gaby is home recovering. The peeing is definitely normal after surgery. I think it has something to do with the anesthesia.
Gaby should be back to her old self in a couple of days. Good luck keeping her calm!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kalyn\";p=\"125437 said:
How's Gaby doing now?

Max had 2 episodes of incontinence after his neuter surgery but has been fine since the following morning. It's harder on the girls, though. I was just wondering if she is fine now?
I'm happy to say that this morning Gaby was back to her bouncy normal little self...no more incontinence thank goodness :lol: and she's eating and drinking like normal ... now the keeping her calm challange begins :lol: ....she's all sad now because I wont let her on the bed or the couch, but it's just for a few days and it's for her own good...I can't wait untill shes fully healed so she can sleep with me again, I miss snuggling with her at night.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, glad to hear that Gaby is feeling better..Figured she would bounce back pretty quick..They seem to have amazing recuperating powers :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts